What's new

Airport Officials arrests passenger, seize arms

Traveling with Special Items: Firearms & Ammunition

That is the list of requirements posted on the TSA website wrt carrying firearms. Now the question is whether that man had declared the weapons at check-in and does he possess proper documents for the cargo.

The repost apparently says that the firearms and ammunition were apparently separate, the pistols were not loaded. So there is no offense there.

Geez. You people are making such a hue and cry about 11 handguns, which for all purposes may be legal. That guys isnt going to wage a war with 11 pistols now, is he?

Pakistani security caught him and registered a case against him cuz there definitly was an offence. he may be doing something legal in US but if it is illegal for Pakistan then the US authorities should have taken care of that.

I agree, Pakistani government should conduct a fair and comprehensive investigation of this issue (even from the angle of this being an attempt to frame an innocent guy). And if this is found to be a genuine case of smuggling or attempted terrorist activity, then Pakistani authorities should take this matter up at the highest level and that too in public. :pakistan:

Yes.. Whats the debate.. Plain and simple.. If he did not declare these before boarding, Pakistan should take it up with USA. If he did that but did not declare it and take NOC from Pakistan, he violated Pakistani laws. In both cases, needs to be thrown in jail

But then blaming US and TSA for this is ridiculous, to say the least.

i can't believe you're actually acquitting the americans of any responsiblity and off the hook. as someone very rightly pointed out earlier, has that guy traveled from Pakistan to New York, CNN, BBC, FOX News, all indian media and all the indian and western press would have kept shouting for months that Pakistan has let through a probable terrorist.

This is plain hypocrisy, there is no better word to describe you mentality. everything against Pakistan, everything fault of Pakistan. its a shame.

Oh my God Just 11 Guns for Rs 55 million?

he flew in from NY, USA (presumably JFK airport??) and they never managed to prevent this man from flying into our country?

11 pistols, and 240 rounds of ammo in his checked in luggage???

:disagree::whistle:

He probably flew from JFK as all PIA flight to and from USA do it at JFK.

It is alrming that such a lapse occured at the hands of 'most strictestaitports'.

Hey JFK, next you you select me for the damn SSSS (random [my a$$] search), i'll show you a big finger..!!

He probably flew from JFK as all PIA flight to and from USA do it at JFK

Chicago too (I think) as of recently.

Hey JFK, next you you select me for the damn SSSS (random [my a$$] search), i'll show you a big finger..!!

I would show them certain key 'element' located on the posterior; kill 2 birds with one stone. Provide them with a good baysti, provide them with proof I aint hiding anything in any hiding places :lol:

setting aside jokes, it is a gross security breach. In fact, this should be making international news and not Pak local news :rolleyes:

Chicago too (I think) as of recently.
Yeah.

I would show them certain key 'element' located on the posterior; kill 2 birds with one stone. Provide them with a good baysti, provide them with proof I aint hiding anything in any hiding places :lol:
Lolzzz, yeah.

setting aside jokes, it is a gross security breach. In fact, this should be making international news and not Pak local news :rolleyes:

Totaly agreed. Had this lapse taken place in our part of the world (read Muslim world, espacially Pakistan), by now a new country must had already been invaded. Ok, jokes aside, this news should have taken its place in intl media and the blunder highlted at the proper level, but then who cares.

Wow. CIA is filled with such delinquents that they send in a person as a terrorist with only 11 hand guns and 240 rounds of ammo to take on the Pakistani security authorities!

Seriously?

I mean, do terrorists only tackle security agencies? 11 hand guns are enough to create a mini-Mumbai like attack in a city like Lahore or Karachi.....

11 hand guns in hands of a person who knows how to use them are pretty dangerous.

200 rounds of ammo? Enough to kill or brutally wound about 100 people.

Please don't post your emotional non-sense here. In which case i will reply with an even more useful response.

is there any possibility that TSA or even higher ups in U.S. govt. want to ''test'' our preparedness in catching such people???

otherwise, i am very disturbed over an incident like this

is there any possibility that TSA or even higher ups in U.S. govt. want to ''test'' our preparedness in catching such people???

otherwise, i am very disturbed over an incident like this

Umm maybe, or maybe they are paying normal Pakistanis to carry weapons. Considering that hundred of people fly to Pakistan from USA every week, they can use them and give them money to just carry weapons. One by one they will have enough stash to hand over to their operatives here?

Because CIA confessed itself way back in 2008 that its SAD (Special Activities Division) people were working in Balochistan......

Back
Top Bottom