What's new

Aircraft Crash lands in the Residential Area of Hydrabad.

Seems like a black out of pilot. As no fire or anything seems to be on the plane before losing control or crash.

RIP....

After crash, Navy grounds entire fleet of Kiran aircraft

In the wake of today's aircrash in Hyderabad, the Indian Navy has grounded its entire fleet of Kiran aircraft.

The Navy has a fleet a 20 Kiran aircraft -- 12 Mk-I and eight Mk II aircraft -- which are based in Goa. "As per the standard operating procedure, the aircraft will not fly till the time they are cleared by the Board of Inquiry (BOI) looking into today's mishap," Navy officials said here.

They added that if the probe team found no problems with the aircraft, the fleet would be airborne soon.

A Kiran Mk II aircraft of Navy's Goa-based Sagar Pawan Aerobatic Team (SPAT) today crashed in Hyderabad while
performing at the India Aviation airshow there.

Navy officials added that one civilian and two pilots - Commander S K Maurya and Lt Commander Rahul Nair - were killed in the accident.

After crash, Navy grounds entire fleet of Kiran aircraft- Hindustan Times

Commander Suresh Kumar Maurya and Lt Cdr Rahul Nair of the Sagar Pawan team died in the team's first ever crash. Heartfelt condolences to the families of both. Cdr Maurya was 39 and Lt Cdr Nair was 34.

:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Which ever aircraft goes down, the crew is always the major loss.
In this case it would be hard felt for the rest of the display team.

May the deceased rest in peace.

RIP to departed souls..
Can anyone tell does Kiran Trainer has ejection seats? If its not then they should be shown exit door..
NO MORE HUMAN LOSS..

RIP

I hate to read these crashes, bloody people just retire these museum products. SHAME we loose lives with these bloody machines.

As i know mig 27 fleet is already grounded but this time it was not bloody machine.... from the footage it is clear that pilot blacked out due to g-force ...during the dive.

BTW.... crashes can happen to brand new a/c as well ....

it could be Hydraulic failure ,if the pilot had blacked out the aircraft could not have made a steep right turn ,i think pilot knew they will crash into residential area and tried to avoid casualty but been few feet above ground ejection was always risky ,news also confirms that co-pilot ejected but crashed to ground since it was low ejection ,other remained in aircraft .

Back
Top Bottom