What's new

Aircraft Crash lands in the Residential Area of Hydrabad.

Kinshuk

BANNED
Reaction score
An Indian Navy Surya Kiran aircraft grounded during the air show in Hyd. It crash landed in residential area of Begumpet.

No casualties reported so far.

Last edited:
seems pilot is dead as per TimesNow

A plane has crashed during an airshow in Hyderabad. Early reports, unconfirmed, suggest this was a plane of the Indian Navy. The pilot may have been killed in the crash, said Hyderabad's Police Commissioner to NDTV.

The plane has crashed on a residential building near the Begumpet airport. This is a residential area in the heart of the city. The building has been totally destroyed; there are no reports yet on how many people have been injured.

Smoke can be seen at the site of the crash. Fire fighters are on location.

The plane crashed during a formation that was part of an air show organized for the inaugural event of the India Aviation Summit.

9da5f1587801fc795e20444e08b456b5.jpg

NO Its Confirmed NOW on all Channels atleast by NDTV and IBN.
Pilot Dead and 4 Injured.
RIP to the brave soul.

7 Injured ONE Dead (ONE Pilot ONLY ).

The plane was this one ::

f0d6e0ad056f7d621bcd05bc27b3e89b.jpg

It will be soon Replaced by Sitara ::

With the aging of Kiran aircraft, the HJT-36 Sitara aircraft has been developed as a replacement. The aircraft first flew in 2003, and is planned to be inducted into service by 2012. The first orders for the aircraft by the Indian Air Force was for 16 HJT-36 that will replace the HJT-16s of the Surya Kiran team.

The New Bird :

cc18d0d1cf5ca01025bf4c2c4841938e.jpg

My condolence to the dead and the injured.

BTW, what dose this crash mean to the IAF? Bad time is returning to IAF with this crash being the second for this year (Correct if I'm wrong).

Won't this kind of happening demoral the IAF and the whole country? Like, won't the people of India loss hope in thier air force and its capability? Won't they doubt the stability of IAF?

My condolence to the dead and the injured.

BTW, what dose this crash mean to the IAF? Bad time is returning to IAF with this crash being the second for this year (Correct if I'm wrong).

Won't this kind of happening demoral the IAF and the whole country? Like, won't the people of India loss hope in thier air force and its capability? Won't they doubt the stability of IAF?

This was NOT an IAF Plane.
Its was a NAVAL Aerobatics Team.

Plz Note that this Plane is Made in India and had Only 3 Crashes in its over 12 Years of service in the aerobatics Team.
The Plane has been in service since 1970s.

Moreover as i said, These Planes are very soon to be replaced by the new AJT 36.

Come on, if you operate a big fleet of aircraft, crashes are bound to happen. I think there might be psychological classes within every air-force which keeps take care of these issues( morale per-se).
Also being a defense personnel means in itself keeping one's moral in higher side even though facing losses. We being civilians might not know all this but sure they do.

This was NOT an IAF Plane.
Its was a NAVAL Aerobatics Team.

Plz Note that this Plane is Made in India and had Only 3 Crashes in its over 12 Years of service in the aerobatics Team.
The Plane has been in service since 1970s.

Moreover as i said, These Planes are very soon to be replaced by the new AJT 36.

Thanks for correcting me.

Can few of the members here shed their opinion on the later part of my earlier post which talks about demoralization/loss of faith in the IAF/Defense.

Again, I'm saying IAF since, for a lay man, any military aircraft that flies is a part of IAF.

Why?

To give you an example, in 2009, United states air force/ national guard/ navy together had 21 accidents that I know of (there may have been more). I can list them if you want but then the thread will go off-topic. These include 5-6 trainers like the IAF/IN kirans. They also include 7 helicopters and rest of them fighters (including F-16, F-18 & F-22). And I am not counting the losses suffered in Iraq and Afghanistan!!!

Air force is a professional organization. As a pilot, you have to have complete faith on the ground crew and their abilities. Ofcourse Indian armed forces are in need of mordenization and we have $12 billion kept aside for the said purpose for this year alone!

About the Indian people, I cannot comment on that being an individual. However, I can tell you that I have complete faith on my country and its armed forces. They have never failed us in the past and god willing it would be the same in future as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom