What's new

Aid conditional to AQ Khan access - US Bill

metalfalcon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just heard on Geo News that, USA has proposed a Bill to put a Condition on American AID that Americans Should Have Access to A.Q Khan.

For once, I am beginning to like Obama, Just yesterday he used voucher system for students as well as teachers. Now this. Great going!!

its like the US administration is fedup with Paks and the clowns are going to give the circus away. Wel it would be a great loss for the US coz one needs strong and stuant allies to be a superpower.
A MIGHTYcolony lost by US...

i think the money will continue to flow and they will not be able to have an access for AQ Khan

So this statement will be proved false very soon INSHA'ALLAH

i am afraid our current President is Zardari so any unexpected thing could also take place

Just another ploy to get closer to our nuclear technology I guess.... dont underestimate zardari folks :) He can do anything and everything for some $$$$.

Just another ploy to get closer to our nuclear technology I guess.... dont underestimate zardari folks :) He can do anything and everything for some $$$$.
Nuclear Assets are under Army Control.

Isn't AQ Khan a free man now?

By what lawful authority would they give access to him to anyone

never gonna happen...... access to AQ Khan mean access to pak military

AQ is a free citizen I cant see how any government will hand him over to anyone it will be too suicidal for any political government.

Any press pick this up? I looked but may have googled badly.

It'll be better for Pakistan not to accept the money from U.S. then. We would rather be poor than be harassed.

Some ally :rolleyes:

From the office of Rep. Jane Harmon (D) Calif.-

Office of Jane Harmon Statement On A.Q. Khan Legislation

Wow, Rep Harmon and her colleagues seem to have a lot of clout: chair-persons and ranking members of key defence and homeland sec House Committees.

I'm not sure of the threat perception: do these people really think Khan poses a clear and present danger today, or is this a punitive measure, the intention being to conduct a post-mortem of his activities. The tone of the text suggests the latter, so its possible the bill may not get the required numbers if members feel it could alienate GoP and disrupt WoT effort on the ground. I'm also unsure of Prez view on AQ Khan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom