What's new

Agartala Conspiracy confession, what does it mean for our history

I am glad to hear of your achievement about the change in constitution.

About beating about the bush and telling me what to do and showing your irritation about creating this thread, I think you are no mod and in no position to use such words. If you do not like my threads, complain to the mods or report it.

About telling me how big and powerful Awami League is and how they will rule the country in the future - sorry, I could care less. I deal with the truth and nothing but the truth. Who it affects and how it affects them, is not my problem.

Why do you keep posting all these threads? Some kind of weird obsession? :cheesy:

Anyhow, the AL has a big image problem now. Both at home and abroad. And that is the reality now. As I said, some people simply refuse to take responsibility for history.

Why do you keep posting all these threads? Some kind of weird obsession? :cheesy:

Anyhow, the AL has a big image problem now. Both at home and abroad. And that is the reality now. As I said, some people simply refuse to take responsibility for history.

Because I am interested to get more information on this subject. I am a history buff and I like to know what actually happened behind the scenes.

I am not a political person, although some mistake me as one. As a person of Bangladeshi origin, I am a well wisher of Bangladesh and its people. After I find information about history, I can then recommend future courses of action.

Based on what I have uncovered so far, I recommend banning Awami League and dissolution of this party, as it has a track record since 1950's of working with India to undermine the national interest of our landmass and its people (East Pakistan, Bangladesh). This is essentially a track record of serial acts of treason, one after another.

Because I am interested to get more information on this subject. I am a history buff and I like to know what actually happened behind the scenes.

I am not a political person, although some mistake me as one. As a person of Bangladeshi origin, I am a well wisher of Bangladesh and its people. After I find information about history, I can then recommend future courses of action.

Based on what I have uncovered so far, I recommend banning Awami League and dissolution of this party,
as it has a track record since 1950's of working with India to undermine the national interest of our landmass and its people (East Pakistan, Bangladesh). This is essentially a track record of serial acts of treason, one after another.

BNP wala wants to dissolution of AL, AL wala wants to dissolution of BNP. Where do we go? Should we propose to dissolution of both the parties and make you the Administrator of this country as you are not a political person with weird ideas? LOL

BNP wala wants to dissolution of AL, AL wala wants to dissolution of BNP. Where do we go? Should we propose to dissolution of both the parties and make you the Administrator of this country as you are not a political person with weird ideas? LOL

Yes, I am not a political person with any kind of weird ideas, that is indeed a correct statement, but I am not interested in Bangladesh politics. I do what I do for the interest of the country, at this moment I see BNP as the lesser evil that should prevail and Awami League should be marginalized as much as possible and banned if possible, based on its proven track records of treason and foreign influence. In the future I support a united civil society that can field independent candidates so they can remove all political parties from the scene, but that will take many decades, as even the US does not have that kind of party-free system yet.

Based on what I have uncovered so far, I recommend banning Awami League and dissolution of this party, as it has a track record since 1950's of working with India to undermine the national interest of our landmass and its people (East Pakistan, Bangladesh). This is essentially a track record of serial acts of treason, one after another.

There were actually quite a few threads on the Agartala subject.

As far as 'banning' the AL is concerned, it is not that easy I'm afraid. They have at least some local blinded die hard supporters and Indian backing.

But based on their habits today, their days are pretty much numbered. The fate of the AL is more of a wait and see game. So let's wait and see.

I mean, if they can't secure funds for a freaking bridge properly, then what else can they do? They are nothing more than a grain of salt on this world. No one other than spineless fanboys give a $hit about them.

Here are some hints:

The economy now is not that great. There is a liquidity crisis.

Mergers, acquisitions and even takeovers are going to happen a lot in 3-5 years time. Particularly in the banking sector. If Bangladeshi banks don't do so, then the global banking titans like Standard Chartered, HSBC, Citibank, etc. are going to simply take them over. They are panting like hungry dogs already.

Biman may get taken over by something. Likely either Singapore Airlines or Thai Airways.

Much of the RMG sector are likely to get owned by India and China at some point in the future if things go on like they are now.

As for the jute industry, India is already buying into it.

Did you know that Grameen Phone recently laid off around 3000 employees? The Bangladeshi government are suing Telenor, and trust me, they can't even do $hit. As I said, no one gives a damn about the AL now.

Bangladesh have good numbers in its talent pool, and will continue to grow in the future.

The economy still has the potential to be truly 'global' in the sense. But reliant.

Neither the AL or BNP are sustainable. I guess they can just take all their money, settle down in some Western country and live comfortably. Cause that's all they can do.

in any other defence forum,your Ip would be banned,just for supporting killing of your own Prime minister.but...its.. :pdf:

extremist views are good,but it should have a limit. :tdown:

Why are you burning. He was telling the general perception of bangladeshis on the issue idiot. Its
annoying ignorant trolls like you , who are extremist ones.

Ok iajdani why is your a$$ on fire.:lol:
0511-0902-2516-1033_Black_and_White_Cartoon_of_a_Man_with_His_Pants_on_Fire_clipart_image.jpg

Why can't you awamiligers accept the truth? Truth always prevails, just remember that if you
are a muslim i.e.

1.2 billion population can only brng out 4 forbes companies, 2 gold medals, 600 million poor, a simple UAV engine, rape capital of the world, backward nations etc...

This is just the begining of glorious India.

Razakars version of the events.. Ask any real Bangladeshi about what happened in 1971 rather than a Jamati/Razakar..
I'm a real Bangladeshi..the truth is Pakistanis killed Bengalis, Indians killed Bengalis, and Bengalis killed Bengalis...no India didn't help Bengalis out of love they did cz of "Divide and conquer" and India succeeded so what's there to argue about

Yes, I am not a political person with any kind of weird ideas, that is indeed a correct statement, but I am not interested in Bangladesh politics. I do what I do for the interest of the country, at this moment I see BNP as the lesser evil that should prevail and Awami League should be marginalized as much as possible and banned if possible, based on its proven track records of treason and foreign influence. In the future I support a united civil society that can field independent candidates so they can remove all political parties from the scene, but that will take many decades, as even the US does not have that kind of party-free system yet.

I agree BNp is of the lesser evils as long as Tareq Rahman doesn't come back from his pathetic 'treatment' in the UK

There were actually quite a few threads on the Agartala subject.

As far as 'banning' the AL is concerned, it is not that easy I'm afraid. They have at least some local blinded die hard supporters and Indian backing.

But based on their habits today, their days are pretty much numbered. The fate of the AL is more of a wait and see game. So let's wait and see.

I mean, if they can't secure funds for a freaking bridge properly, then what else can they do? They are nothing more than a grain of salt on this world. No one other than spineless fanboys give a $hit about them.

Here are some hints:

The economy now is not that great. There is a liquidity crisis.

Mergers, acquisitions and even takeovers are going to happen a lot in 3-5 years time. Particularly in the banking sector. If Bangladeshi banks don't do so, then the global banking titans like Standard Chartered, HSBC, Citibank, etc. are going to simply take them over. They are panting like hungry dogs already.

Biman may get taken over by something. Likely either Singapore Airlines or Thai Airways.

Much of the RMG sector are likely to get owned by India and China at some point in the future if things go on like they are now.

As for the jute industry, India is already buying into it.

Did you know that Grameen Phone recently laid off around 3000 employees? The Bangladeshi government are suing Telenor, and trust me, they can't even do $hit. As I said, no one gives a damn about the AL now.

Bangladesh have good numbers in its talent pool, and will continue to grow in the future.

The economy still has the potential to be truly 'global' in the sense. But reliant.

Neither the AL or BNP are sustainable. I guess they can just take all their money, settle down in some Western country and live comfortably. Cause that's all they can do.

Lol, it's funny to see Muhith and other ministers crying over this loan....they first claim WB is corrupt then they claim they will fund the bridge and now they say they welcome WB to come back...lol I mean the Bangladesh Parliment is a house of 50+ year old clowns who don't know what the heck their doing

Kalu miah,

My view is that history is simply a version of the "truth". The prevailing one is always that adopted by the victors.

I personally am not particularly hung up on Pakistan because in its state it did not work for bangladeshis.

Every leader from the east was forced down. It is also true that every western politician was also put down by the military who were overwhelmingly punjabi. After jinnah created the first rift with east by wanting Urdu to be the state language every subsequent forced action by the military who was seen as simply west Pakistani served to cement the view that bengalies has a choice live as second class citizen in Pakistan or be free.

Mujib was not such a leader who could have created such a feeling in the country. It existed, when he was not allowed to form government in 1970, it came to ahead and events proceeded to its natural conclusion. Indian actions were self serving but natural, the root cause of Pakistani breakup was in Pakistan itself.

So as I said looking at it from a Pakistani perspective he was a traitor. Bangladesh may not have existed but consciousness of a people who formed the Muslim league in Dhaka did exist and it was not prepared to play second fiddle within Pakistan.

Now in terms of BAL being treasonous, it is my personal belief that Mujib did what he did in good faith. I do not believe for one moment he thought Bangladesh would be a sovereign state. He wanted a federalised Pakistan and sought to use India as leverage.

But once the killing started in 71 it was over. Mujib who was absent all throughout the liberation war could not row back events. He was also incredibly Inept in dealing with India and governing. But it is my personal belief that mujib was loyal to his people but did not have command of events.

Post 1975 Hasina took refuge in India, was converted to a puppet. BAL won the last election bankrolled by India with connivance a section of the army who wanted amnesty for their crimes for the previous two years.

Such is life in BD, BAL is certainly treacherous but only not to the extent you claim in my opinion.

If Mujib were alive today, I'm sure he'd be sorely disappointed in his daughter.

First of all, some disclaimer. I am a loyal citizen of Bangladesh (as well as the US), but I believe we need to find facts about our own history. So these are part of my efforts to uncover some uncomfortable facts and ask some hard questions. Please do not take these efforts to mean that I am pro or anti independence of Bangladesh, I am neither and I accept it as a fait accompli, a done deal that cannot be reversed. Like the majority of Bangladeshi's living today, I had no role in that conflict in 1971. As far as I know my parents did not play any role either.

From the highlighted part, it seems you would have preferred a unified Pakistan. Although there is no shame in admitting that, It has to be mentioned that if pakistani establishment had not treated bengalis with extreme prejudice, there wouldn't have been Bangladesh to begin with.

Often Pakistani members here claim huge disparity in armed forces in east pakistan to be responsible for the loss in 71 and bangladeshi members express their sorrow over RAW involvement in east pakistan.

I have a few questions which might shed some light on est pakistan .
Credit for formation of pakistan lies with east pakistani leaders and muslim league workers. In west pakistan muslim league had lost elections to Indian National Congress and Allies and frontiers and balochistan regions were under Baba Khan's pro-unified India ideology. Then why was even after 65 just around 55,000 armed personal in east pakistan and bulk of the air force, army and naval deployments in west pakistan.

Wasn't East Pakistan the larger populace chunk, hence shouldn't independent battalions be raised in equal numbers in the east in case of emergency. Didn't the great ayub/yahya see that. Why were 20-30 aircrafts stationed in east whereas 200-350 combat aircrafts stationed in the west?

West pakistan built a brand spanking new capital for themselves in islamabad, did they even build a university in dhaka??

Where was the bengali representation in the Army, navy, airforce, civil administation??

Where was the political representation in the Pakistan when the entire formation of pakistan was built on bengali political cadres?

As far as RAW conspiracies are concerned,
Even if true of all specified charges, how was India able to carry out the mentioned conspiracies in East while not a leave moved in west.

With such humongous deliberate neglect, wasn't formation of bangladesh inevitable??????????????

My view is that history is simply a version of the "truth". The prevailing one is always that adopted by the victors.

History is subject to interpretation, yes, usually by the victors, in this case the victor has been India, not Pakistan or Bangladesh in my opinion, and they are trying to keep their version intact, not just among Indian population, but among Bangladeshi population as well, using their agent Awami League.

Pakistani's of course do not subscrible to the Indian version of history and they have their own version.

The one I am trying to come up with based on all available sources so far I have come accross, is neither Indian, or Pakistani or Bangladeshi version. So lets just say it is Kalu_miah's version of history, just like there is a Kalu_miah's version of world order and future projections.

I personally am not particularly hung up on Pakistan because in its state it did not work for bangladeshis.

Every leader from the east was forced down. It is also true that every western politician was also put down by the military who were overwhelmingly punjabi. After jinnah created the first rift with east by wanting Urdu to be the state language every subsequent forced action by the military who was seen as simply west Pakistani served to cement the view that bengalies has a choice live as second class citizen in Pakistan or be free.

My opinion about this kind of point of view is that it is short sighted and misguided and shows the impatience and incompetence of a political elite and middle class that are incapable of sound leadership of their masses. Pakistan needed more time to work out its problems and even if they could not be worked out, an amicable divorce could be sought without India's hand in it, who purposefully engineered a civil war, which was against our interest (killed people and severely injured relationship with another large Muslim nation).

I hold the same view about 1947 paritition also. In my view a peaceful nonviolent partition could have been achieved later if needed and if Hindu's and Muslims could not get along, there was no hurry to go for it in 1947.

Question I have for you is, where does this stop, should Sylheti's and Chittagonians have their own country, what about North Bengal, west of Jamuna and north of Padma? Also please look at this RAW project:
Border Delineation and Geopolitical Wrangling between India and Bangladesh | BDINN.com
Bangabhumi-map1.jpg

Hindus-Bangladesh-Map.jpg

Although Bangabhumi Andolan does not seem to be very potent, Bangladesh is worried. According to Bangladeshi sources, “the movement has set up more than a dozen training centres with clandestine supply of money and arms … with the objective of arms struggle for creation of the Hindu land.” It has also staged public rallies on Indian territory, most recently in July 2010. Both Bangladeshi and Pakistani sources have accused India of supporting Bangabhumi Andolan in order to destabilize Bangladesh. According to Pakistan Defense, the Indian external intelligence agency RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) created the group in order to “disintegrate Bangladesh.” Several hard-core Hindu nationalist groups have rallied to the cause. A 2003 article on an extremist website asks, “how long can the Hindus live under House-Arrest in the Barbaric Bhoot-Bangla of Bangladesh?” The article itself is tellingly entitled, “Recognize The New Hindu State As You Cowards Recognize Islamic Bogusdesh.” (According to the website in which it appears, Bangladesh is a “bogus” country—hence “Bogusdesh”—originally “created by the British … [as East Pakistan] to cut off direct land, spiritual, trade and cultural communications between Hindu Bharat and Buddhist Myanmar.”)
If the Indian intelligence agency RAW has indeed created Bangabhumi Andolan to use against Bangladesh, it could be playing with a two-edged sword. Recent reports claim that the organization also wants to hive off a section of the Indian state of West Bengal for its proposed country, thus potentially diminishing India. It is entirely possible, however, that Bangladeshi partisans would regard such claims to Indian territory as a mere smokescreen, designed to superficially distance Bangabhumi Andolan from its handlers in Indian intelligence. In South Asian geopolitics, such allegations of subterfuge are hard to escape.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...olan-set-july-22-grand-rally-west-bengal.html

In my view, smaller country's create intractable geopolitical problems and they are more vulnerable on world stage while trying to make a place for themselves. You can find details of my views on this issue here, if you have not already seen this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...orld-order-road-map-future-8.html#post2772275

That said, I consider both break ups as irreversible and rather promote our joining ASEAN, where a new ASEAN+ can be created including Japan and South Korea. I have no intention to promote any union with Pakistan or India in the future.

Mujib was not such a leader who could have created such a feeling in the country. It existed, when he was not allowed to form government in 1970, it came to ahead and events proceeded to its natural conclusion. Indian actions were self serving but natural, the root cause of Pakistani breakup was in Pakistan itself.

Yes, that is a good statement. Mujib had no such brains, he was making moves with advices from Indian intelligence. Again with due respect, I disagree with your view, the root cause was not just in Pakistan it was threefold as I stated in OP:

1. Unfair treatment of Bengalis in East Pakistan, which was exeggerated
2. Presence of leaders such as Mujib who could be manipulated and used as "useful idiots" by Indian intelligence, because of their greed for power (note how this was proven during Mujib's rule 1972-1975)
3. Presence of India and its interest, which were mainly to break Pakistan at any cost, to reduce the threat from a United Pakistan and also to secure North East states

So as I said looking at it from a Pakistani perspective he was a traitor. Bangladesh may not have existed but consciousness of a people who formed the Muslim league in Dhaka did exist and it was not prepared to play second fiddle within Pakistan.

In 1947 Pakistan was created based on two nation theory, breaking it with covert advice and assistance from India, an enemy state who we had war with, all the while showing the 6 point movement as a deception facade asking for autonomy, I cannot accept this as an honorable course of action.

You yourself have mentioned two things:

I do not believe for one moment he thought Bangladesh would be a sovereign state

But once the killing started in 71 it was over

So using your words, we can see the feeling that was there before 1971 March 25, was for autonomy but not for independence way back in 1967-1969 when Agartala case and trial played out. Note my other post here, how Agartala case was used to make Mujib into a national hero, as he was a "victim of framing by ISI":
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...what-does-mean-our-history-2.html#post3206420

Mujib who was absent all throughout the liberation war could not row back events. He was also incredibly Inept in dealing with India and governing. But it is my personal belief that mujib was loyal to his people but did not have command of events.

Mujib had already done enough in a decade long effort working with Indian intelligence, so his part was done long before 1971. But this is off topic and not relevant, as we are not discussing 1971 war, rather Agartala case.

Post 1975 Hasina took refuge in India, was converted to a puppet. BAL won the last election bankrolled by India with connivance a section of the army who wanted amnesty for their crimes for the previous two years.

These statements ring true.

BAL is certainly treacherous but only not to the extent you claim in my opinion.

Any entity that maintains working relationship with a foreign intelligence agency of a hostile nation, I would consider them as foreign agent and promptly put such people in jail with charges of espionage. Usually only neighbors who share borders can be hostile enough to harm a nations interest, so I would specially be wary of Indian intelligence and Burmese intelligence. On the other hand, I would welcome more relationship with ASEAN (or ASEAN+) nations, a strategic direction that I believe will be beneficial for Bangladesh and its future.

OMG!! Kalu miah's has his own world order. It is not a big deal to create his own history.

And he quotes wikipedia:hitwall: which has no citations for the said quotes.
Anyway nobody wanted their provinces to divide in 1947. Suhrawady did not want Bengal partition just as the Punjab leaguers did not want their province to divide. And FYI in 1905 Suhrawady and all the young generation of independence movement like Subhash Chandra Bose were bachchas. 1905 Bengal movement was a completely different phenomenon.In 1947 it became clear to everyone that Bengal will have to divide and cannot be united. People like Suhrawady asked for united Bengal so that Pakistan can keep the whole of Bengal, not because they wanted united Bengal at the cost of Pakistan.

And then Kalu miah quotes the wiki again saying Suhrawady had goons as bodyguards. Then takes a leap of faith and logic to believe that Mujib was one of the goons. You know what? I was one of the bodyguards too in my earlier life. And then he theorizes Mujib was dreaming about Bangladesh all along. So once again Kalu miah writes down history - a tale of how he wishes things to be. Let us offer him a carton of cleanex for personal use.

Wiki articles are from sources which are reliable most often. Your statement is flat wrong and misleading. United Bengal movement was for an independent state, separate from Pakistan and Suhrawardy was one of the people behind it:

BANGLAPEDIA: United Bengal Movement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Bengal

And I have already shown evidence in OP that Mujib was dreaming of an independent East Bengal:
Swadhin Bangal Biplobi Parishad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Swadhin Bangal Biplobi Parishad was an underground student political group organized in 1961 by Mujibur Rahman, the founder of Bangladesh. The group worked to oppose the military rule of Ayub Khan, as well as for greater autonomy and the independence of East Pakistan as "Bangladesh."

Col. Shawkat Ali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although it was largely thought that the Case was only to frame Sheikh Mujib and others,[2] in 2010, and on the anniversary of the withdrawal of the Case on 22 February 2011, Shawkat Ali confessed to the Parliament at a point of order that the charges read out to them were accurate, stating that they formed a Shangram Parishad under Sheikh Mujib for the sedition and secession of East Pakistan.[3][4]

Great Kalu-Miah,

How beautifully you avoided linguistic struggle between bengalis & west pakistanis.You also didnt mentioned anywhere how Mujib won elections with majority but was not allowed to take power by west pakistani lobby.
Not to forget great famine of 1970 when hundreds of families were dying & west pakistanis who took colonizing benefits let their bengali contrymen die without any helping hand.

RAW/IB/India/Hindu all you can see is this.You cant see the pain of bengalis dying in famines, nor can you see gross neglect of development in east pakistan for 2 decades after independence, you will never see how sindhis, balochis , muhajirs are treated by Punjabis.

And you should bow & thank to Mujib, founder of Bangladesh who may be a Goonda as per your definition for liberating you from experiences your ancestors went through.

There is definitely role of India in Bangladesh creation but its not what as large as you claim here. Creation of Bangladesh helped India's stability. Even if Pakistan or Bangladesh was at India's place I dont think they would have acted differently, especially Pakistan, which always try to destabilize India by hook or crook.

But be it any country or state, if educated people like you are sorry citizen for its existence, soverignity or freedom then my friend no wonder why puppets (as you call them) are ruling your country.

PS : Please dont bring Islam to this 1971 case, neither Pakistan nor Bangladesh have any significant contribution to Islam/Muslims so stop whinning about it. Creation of Bangladesh or Division of Pakistan is a political case it has nothing to do with religion or anything. 1000s of Buhari muslims who were willing to leave Bangladesh were not accepted back by Pakistan also Bangladesh refused to shelter few hundred Rohignyas who were also muslim, so both Pakistanis & Bengalis must stop whinning about Muslims or Islam. Religion is just a mask people use to make things look different.

India is Bangladesh's Enemy?? and who says this.... You, Kalu Miah & few PDF members??
We have no issues with Bangladesh except Illegal Immigration cases.

Welcome to Reality, here things are exactly opposite than you & few members dream about. :woot:

This is an example of muddled thinking and rant, trying to wish away the points I have mentioned in OP, and the above does not refute any of the points I made in OP.

Back
Top Bottom