What's new

After bridge collapse, false ceiling of CWG venue falls

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
After bridge collapse, false ceiling of CWG venue falls

A small portion of a false ceiling at the main Commonwealth Games venue of Jawaharlal Nehru stadium complex here today fell, causing more embarrassment to the organisers and the government a day after the collapse of an under-construction foot overbridge.

Two-three tiles fell this morning from the ceiling of the stadium where the weightlifting event is scheduled to be held, police sources said. No one was injured in the incident. The tiles measures 2 ft by 2 ft.

This is the second incident of collapse in the past three days inside the stadium complex.

On Monday, a canopy collapsed in which two police personnel, including an Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, suffered minor injuries.

In another incident which took place yesterday outside the complex, an under-construction foot overbridge collapsed when labourers were engaged in work. 27 labourers were injured.

The Centre, the Delhi government and the CWG Organising Committee are under attack for the pace of preparations for the Games.

When contacted, a senior fire official claimed that they were told by Delhi Disaster Management Authority that a mock drill was taking place at the stadium and there was no incident of tiles falling from the ceiling.

After bridge collapse, false ceiling of CWG venue falls - Hindustan Times

**** man ............whats happening........first corruption.....delayed construction of facilities...and now bad infrastructure....hope all goes well...and games are success

I hope the games fail just when it is happening. The Indians, both politicians and bureaucrats, need a serious jolt to get their act together.

Will india show its Power in CWG? <<<<< a thread....
Lolz.....sorry couldnt control tht.

I must say the indian contractors are bigger morons then there counterparts in other parts of the world.

obviously ISI let those tiles fall... as ISI has been blamed by indian government already lolz

I hope game fail,we need serious reform in bureaucracy and we should make strong anti corruption law.
This game is great lesson for us....Mani said correctly this game need to fail for our sports future...our politician has done CWG bid because they have seen huge corruption here...Look at the infrastructure do you think 35000 Crore is spend on them...Even corruption charges is prove against them they will get away by small punishment and who know they will get any punishment....I HOPE CWG DELHI FAIL....

I want to convey a message to every indian .. Plz don't make comments on just looking at the media news frenzy.. Just take an example of ourself - when we occupy a new apartment ..do we found everything chaka chak.. I myself living in mumbai and i seen even the most eminent builders have shortcoming.. So plz for jesus sake wait and watch..

When you occupy an apartment you indeed have long term planning for living there or atleast for one or two years so you do the task of making it chaka chak.

The foreign players are coming for a brief very brief period for playing games at CWGs not for cleaning the accommodation neither for settling in India

obviously ISI let those tiles fall... as ISI has been blamed by indian government already lolz

Lolz, lolz,lolz. You sound like a teenager who thinks that 'lolz' is acceptable to use as punctuation.

And oh, please don't lie. Where has the Indian Government blamed anyone for this?

I am sure that some people have increased their wealth considerably because of these games. Its common in our part of the world, where shortcuts are taken and quality compromised for favoritism and nepotism's sake.

Surely no patriotic Indian would want to tarnish the image of its country but the people are easily corruptible. But you know what they say, 'power corrupts', and this seems to be profoundly more applicable in our part of the world than anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom