What's new

Afghan Govt Rejects Hagel's India Remarks.

Obviously... unless Chuck Hagel himself doesn't concede, the question mark will always remain. But as far as US is concerned... they are already in the damage control mode..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...alls-india-champion-regional.html#post3980273

Having said that... Pakistan will pick up on anything that is detrimental to India's national interests & serves their cause. Their textbooks are already filled with fictional verses about India, quite gruesome at that. One more paragraph won't make that much of a difference.

The so called 'damage control' is always from some unrelated figure. Enough deniability for Hagel any day later to say 'I told you so' if India indeed decides to create troubles for Pakistan tomorrow.

I am not worried about Pakistan's text books. It is how their diplomats sell Hagel's statements to some non-descript senator or MP and convince them to introduce BS resolutions in their Houses. They will also run to a dozen Arab countries and Muslim countries like Turkey to gain advantage. Indian policy should be to give zero space for Pakistan.

The so called 'damage control' is always from some unrelated figure. Enough deniability for Hagel any day later to say 'I told you so' if India indeed decides to create troubles for Pakistan tomorrow.I am not worried about Pakistan's text books. It is how their diplomats sell Hagel's statements to some non-descript senator or MP and convince them to introduce BS resolutions in their Houses. They will also run to a dozen Arab countries and Muslim countries like Turkey to gain advantage. Indian policy should be to give zero space for Pakistan.
Read about Hagel. He is avid supporter of drone strikes and Special Forces operations. So we might see spike of drone strikes or may be prolonged drone operation in Pakistan.

India already replied strongly in 2011

and now also

Chuck Hagel
I don't know of any Indian response in 2011. It came only after the video resurfaced this week. That is not enough. India should demand privately that USA clarifies its stand in public. They should be hounded into a clear statement.

Cant believe people are getting happy over Afghan government statement. They are most likely pissed because we closed down border check posts for them due to lack of biometric identification system on their sides. Half of their revenue is generated by drug manufacturing and other half by smuggling stuff to the othercountries.

Read about Hagel. He is avid supporter of drone strikes and Special Forces operations. So we might see spike of drone strikes or may be prolonged drone operation in Pakistan.
Yes. He is generally pro-India and also supported India during the Indo-US nuclear deal. That is all the more dangerous because his statements(being such a staunch supporter) blaming India will be taken more seriously.

Hagel said it because its true,

This is just political, diplomacy rubbish

We know india has supported terrorists that is the bottom line,

It doesnt suits a Pakistani to accuse other states of supporting and training terrorists :D

Just a mere lip service by Puppet Afghan GOvt!

The so called 'damage control' is always from some unrelated figure. Enough deniability for Hagel any day later to say 'I told you so' if India indeed decides to create troubles for Pakistan tomorrow.

I am not worried about Pakistan's text books. It is how their diplomats sell Hagel's statements to some non-descript senator or MP and convince them to introduce BS resolutions in their Houses. They will also run to a dozen Arab countries and Muslim countries like Turkey to gain advantage. Indian policy should be to give zero space for Pakistan.

Of course Pakistanis are going to drum this up.. & they have done it in the past even on things which existed in fictitious write ups like the one we had on FAKILEAKS. Would they able to sell it to the outside world? Not much chance of that... Only local constituency will get excited.. & that's easily done.

Coming back to Chuck Hagel.. this was his statement while he was not even considered for any top job. Now that he got one, his perception on India will change shamelessly as soon as he takes over his new job. Even in the past there were things of unsavoury nature spoken against India within Washington circles. But they hardly make into their floor of the house & voted upon. It depends which country you are trying target. Pakistan in the past as well made trips to Arab countries & to the West to present their case against India, only to be deprived of making any headway. Situations won't be any different this time either...

Karzai govt runs on aid from india and doesn't know what's happening outside kabul.
Lol... so you mean to say you know more than the Afghan Govt regarding Afghanistan which the Afghan Govt dosent know!!?? :lol:

Why all the commotion?

The remarks were made a long time ago plus this guy is a staunch supporter of the murderous drone campaign.
He wouldn't side with either Pakistan or India or Israel, hence the suitability for this job.

They were saying this in 1971 we are not involved in East Pakistan

They are saying it now also........ but reality is reality

Back
Top Bottom