What's new

A Forum Post regarding the Danger of Helping India Upgrading its Infrastructure

very good observation, that western companies would hire maids and prostitutes and live like ancient Mughal emperors while raking in huge cash from kickbacks while Chinese engineers are stuck in miserable concrete compounds because we believe in efficiency.

@moderators
What about nasty comment like this??

Or the tread stater blog itself , which made enough disparaging comment to be closed by now.

We u want hard ball discussion and let us do the same.After all I didn't abuse anyone and just pointed out the very popular perception india that Chinese stuff are cheap ,but they don't last long.

learn to ignore pratik, anyway freeze isn't saying anything bad about Indians (he's criticizing western companies) lol why are you getting all worked up.

learn to ignore pratik, anyway freeze isn't saying anything bad about Indians (he's criticizing western companies) lol why are you getting all worked up.

Before u lecture me, u must go join some class to enhance to comprehension skill to understand real meaning of his post. Follow ur own advice ,don't bother me .Thank you.

@moderators
What about nasty comment like this??

Or the tread stater blog itself , which made enough disparaging comment to be closed by now.

We u want hard ball discussion and let us do the same.After all I didn't abuse anyone and just pointed out the very popular perception india that Chinese stuff are cheap ,but they don't last long.

Stop dictating your terms!

Its your mistake for not reporting that kind of posts in the first place.
Replying to trolls in the same coin and then calming innocence, wont prove you right.
This is not a matter of discussion, report anything that is against the forum rules. Take it as your final warning!

Adios

i think that india and china are taking what both need here.

india needs: infrastructure with financing it can afford.
china needs: an experimental area to gain additional infrastructure experience in difficult logistics conditions - overseas, mountain, and urban construction to gain reputation and practice.

both win.

first part may be true.

second part No.

Chinese companies mean business and getting it india.

They aren't not doing this for experience sake as u made it out , India is another market for Chinese to do business .

In most project Chinese companies don't get direct tenders in India ,but work as sub contractors under the primary Indian infrastructure companies .e,g when HCC(Hindustan construction company) built mumble sea lane it engaged number of Chinese infra comapnies as sub contractors in that project.

^^^Welcome to PDF Adi, btw nobody is "worried" about India's rise. Our nation is not aiming for confrontation, rather its aiming for peaceful & mutual development

^^it's called diplomacy, India is also establishing alliances with east asian countries (korea, japan, vietnam, thailand).
India stayed neutral in the cold war era, I don't see any reason why it would become a U.S. pawn against china today. have faith in your own govt. :tup:

Do not use condescending words for pakistan, they are not a "thing" :tdown:
be respectful if you want to be treated the same.

well Obama's business delegation is for precisely that, business. I for one am not worried. anyway you guys carry on, time to sleep :D

off-topic: if you feel pakistan is of lesser importance in a particular matter then it's unnecessary to mention it in the first place. please give due thought to other people's sensitivities.

@Thread starter...

Why you started this thread?? any special reason? or are a propogandist paid by western media.co ..??

Is this hard for you to watch india and china co-operating or collaboraton in something...!

this thread is useless....but i would like to answer the Thread starter ...if you got so much problem with this then why dont you send a latter to cpc and various chiness co. regarding your displeasure for there policy's and work??

why wasting your time on PDF dude??? go ahead ....time is running..!
lol:cheesy:

:pop:
:wave:

i think that india and china are taking what both need here.

india needs: infrastructure with financing it can afford.
china needs: an experimental area to gain additional infrastructure experience in difficult logistics conditions - overseas, mountain, and urban construction to gain reputation and practice.

both win.

Disagree.

China doesn't need "an experimental area to gain additional infrastructure experience in difficult logistics conditions - overseas, mountain, and urban construction to gain reputation and practice"

Go to skyscrapers.com, then you'll see endless extreme engineering projects that Chinese engineers have accompalished in China, i.e. dam, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, etc etc. India is largely a flat terrace. China doesn't need more of those, in fact every engineers/workers have all very limited effective working span, why waste them in India for a dollar or two?

This is almost the same as what I commented earlier on Huawei's $500m project. They are all very much short-sighted to earn some easy money taking advantage of India's low labour cost; in the long run, they are building up some fiece low-price competitors.

Indians are renouned for their "conning techniques". Once you invest heavily in that country, you are subject to its corruption and notoriously inefficient red tape. Any indian offical can easily hold you and your profit margin, already thin, in hostage at any unexpected turn. e.g. UK's Vodafone recently just unexpectedly "lossed" a legal battle in India and ordered to pay up 1.5 billion pound to Indian govt as tax, leaving its profit margin in severe Jepardy.

What OP says is absolutely correct: more importantly, what China iashelping to build in India is more dangerous than what the West has done to China fundamentally speaking:

This is because the world's natural resource is very precious and limited. Financing large infrastructures also requires deep pockets that most countries in the world don't have (e.g. look at even today's UK, US's domestic railway system, then you know) .

Hard-to-built first-class Infrastructure is the foundation to build up a nation and to attract FDI, is one of the reasons why China has been developing so fast and so succeful as it is the only one in the developing world who has such a shining infras.

Without China, India could never have done the infras. A western project engineer who worked for 2 dacades across the world including India once said that "India could never build up its infras on its own. The people there just can't do it... The West only can bid , and only are interested in bidding, a small range of projects there."

By helping India doing so, China is wasting limited natural resource (without such projects, India would not have bought more natural resource in the world market, competing with China's bids again in areas), wasting her own precious human resources ( some say that China is already facing labour shortage), helping the foundation of likely fiece future competitor in low-end of all markets ( when India's infras is at same level as China's, Pakistan is as good as dead, and plus most of China's dominance on low-end markets, their corresponding FDI, and employments will go to India straightway, hurting China's economy in the long run, even though China's mid-high end markets shall largely be intact).

Building excellent infras at low cost in a quick way is actually one of China's key national competitive advantages. It's stupid , shorted sighted, and it's suicidal, in such an uncertain global environement, to "give" this key advantage away volunteerily almost for free , to a very hostile(even deadly) neighbour whose govt is buying tons of world class weaponaries and repeatedly point China as its #1 national threat.

In return, India hates China for it ( remember Chinese engineers have been blindly blamed and charged for a recent project accident? more of such a case would happen in future) , and ironically India will become stronger, relatively speaking, and thus more deadly to the life of every single Chinese soldier stationed at border conflict zone, precisely because of China's help.

@conworldsus: absolutely agree with your OP!:agree:

Last edited:
The arrogance amuses me at best. It's more like GoI helping Chinese companies by letting them participate in bids. I still remember all brouhaha of you people when GoI banned some Chinese company from bidding in a communication project.

Get over it, you're Chinese, not Martians.

Again, a moron comes up with some nonsense like: "without China, India could never have built infrastructure". Why don't you drones tell me one big ticket infrastructure project that any Chinese company has built in India? You can't, because it does not exist.

This might be the kind of propaganda that is fed to the population in China, which we keep hearing about. When they actually come to neutral forums and read neutral news sources, they hear something completely different and argue, argue, argue....

Any infrastructure project that I can think of in the recent past, whether complete or under construction - Mumbai sea link, Delhi new airport, Bangalore new airport, Manali-Rohtang-Leh tunnel, Kashmir railway, ring roads around several Indian cities, Bangalore-Mysore expressway, Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - there are thousands more. And not a single one of these has been executed by Chinese companies. It is either Indian companies, OR Indian-Western collaborative effort.

Yet some Chinese have the guts to come here and vomit nonsense about how much the 'Peoples Republic' has done for India. My god, thank god we are not Chinese allies, or they would have probably started taking credit for every inch of infrastructure development in India.

Again, a moron comes up with some nonsense like: "without China, India could never have built infrastructure". Why don't you drones tell me one big ticket infrastructure project that any Chinese company has built in India? You can't, because it does not exist.

This might be the kind of propaganda that is fed to the population in China, which we keep hearing about. When they actually come to neutral forums and read neutral news sources, they hear something completely different and argue, argue, argue....

Any infrastructure project that I can think of in the recent past, whether complete or under construction - Mumbai sea link, Delhi new airport, Bangalore new airport, Manali-Rohtang-Leh tunnel, Kashmir railway, ring roads around several Indian cities, Bangalore-Mysore expressway, Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - there are thousands more. And not a single one of these has been executed by Chinese companies. It is either Indian companies, OR Indian-Western collaborative effort.

Yet some Chinese have the guts to come here and vomit nonsense about how much the 'Peoples Republic' has done for India. My god, thank god we are not Chinese allies, or they would have probably started taking credit for every inch of infrastructure development in India.

lol,,,i remember a chines guy couple of days on a thread,,when he saw the pic of bandra-worli sea link in mumbai,,,then without even thinking he said this bridge is built by chiness company:rofl::rofl:

Building excellent infras at low cost in a quick way is actually one of China's key national competitive advantages. It's stupid , shorted sighted, and it's suicidal, in such an uncertain global environement, to "give" this key advantage away volunteerily almost for free , to a very hostile(even deadly) neighbour whose govt is buying tons of world class weaponaries and repeatedly point China as its #1 national threat.

In return, India hates China for it

Read my post just above, and instead of droning out the communist propaganda that you are fed, name one big ticket infra project made by China. You just effin' won't find any.

And what about your own country? It was the West and Japan, whom you keep spewing hate against, who gave you the necessary tech. Japan, your so-called 'sworn enemy', started making infra in China because they needed land and labour to expand their industry. And what do these nations get in return from you? Hate, propaganda, and more hate.

You have contributed ZILCH to infrastructure here, and even if you do, it'll be for money and profit i.e. YOUR GAIN. If you feel it isn't worth it, go and hold a massive protest in Tiananmen Square to ask your government to force companies to stop bidding for Indian projects.

And stop blabbering without having done a thing. First bid for an Indian project, execute it, and then blab. Without doing anything you are jumping so much, it's better that you stay away.

Abir said:
I still remember all brouhaha of you people when GoI banned some Chinese company from bidding in a communication project.

lol talk about hypocrisy

But the really funny part is, that China has not invested in any major infra in India till date, but we get amazing statements like:

Speeder 2 said:
Without China, India could never have done the infras.

Unhe lagta hai ki ke voh hum par bahut bada ehsaan kar rahe hain :lol:

Back
Top Bottom