What's new

82% - Stoning Adulterers

Neuro

BANNED
Reaction score
Daily Number: Stoning Adulterers - Pew Research Center

About eight-in-ten Muslims in Egypt and Pakistan (82% each) endorse the stoning of people who commit adultery; 70% of Muslims in Jordan and 56% of Nigerian Muslims share this view. Muslims in Pakistan and Egypt are also the most supportive of whippings and cutting off of hands for crimes like theft and robbery; 82% in Pakistan and 77% in Egypt favor making this type of punishment the law in their countries, as do 65% of Muslims in Nigeria and 58% in Jordan.

When asked about the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion, at least three-quarters of Muslims in Jordan (86%), Egypt (84%) and Pakistan (76%) say they would favor making it the law; in Nigeria, 51% of Muslims favor and 46% oppose it. In contrast, Muslims in Lebanon, Turkey and Indonesia largely reject the notion that harsh punishments should be the law in their countries.

About three-quarters of Turkish and Lebanese Muslims oppose the stoning of people who commit adultery (77% and 76%, respectively), as does a narrower majority (55%) of Muslims in Indonesia. Opposition to whippings and cutting off of hands for crimes like theft and robbery and the death penalty for people who leave Islam is even more widespread in these three countries; 86% of Muslims in Lebanon, 82% in Turkey and 61% in Indonesia are against making harsh punishments for robbery and theft the law in their countries, and 93%, 91% and 64%, respectively, object to the death penalty against those who leave the Muslim religion.

1184.gif

Turkey is perfect model for Muslim Countries . Religion and State Separated they keep religion at home and evil mullah's are not able to exploit vulnerabilities of ppl regarding religion and turn them into blood craving maniacs .

however About nine-in-ten Muslims in Egypt and Pakistan (92% each) will commit adultery given a chance

:D

When I was in Egypt, I was surprised at how many men came to me asking me to bring a blond European woman next time I would come to Egypt.:lol:

Stoning for Adultery is not an Islamic law. It was a Jewish law in Leviticus which was followed early on but abrogated. No such verse exists in the Quran and the traditions in which the said act did take place within the Hadith were before the annulment.

Stoning for Adultery is not an Islamic law. It was a Jewish law in Leviticus which was followed early on but abrogated. No such verse exists in the Quran and the traditions in which the said act did take place within the Hadith were before the annulment.

U missed The Article Altogether i guess . Relax Big Fella . Read the Article again . No one is Attacking Islam :) .

U missed The Article Altogether i guess . Relax Big Fella . Read the Article again . No one is Attacking Islam :) .

Why are you being defensive sir, I never insinuated anything about the intentions of the original poster, I was merely stating a fact.

I think the fact that 86% in Jordan, 84% in Eqypt and 76% in Pakistan want to kill a person for leaving Islam is much more psychotic/screwed up than the stone pelting issue.

According to these people, if my parents happened to be Muslim and I was born into a Muslim family, but wanted to change religion or did not believe in Allah any more, than I should be killed. That is pretty extreme.

Why are you being defensive sir, I never insinuated anything about the intentions of the original poster, I was merely stating a fact.

Dear sir of Highest Honor , I was merely pointing you towards article . Not being Defensive . I would like you to comment on article . Otherwise one by one religious trolls would take over and the thread would become a troll fest rather than a meaningful discussion .

Majority of Americans thought Iraq had WMDs. End result: 10 years of war with nearly a million dead - Peoples opinion: meh
Majority Muslims think adulterers should be punished: End result: a dozen people are punished a year in remote villages - Peoples opnions: OMG THESE BOODLY MUSLIMS, LOOK HOW EVIL THEY ARE, I HATE THEM SO MUCH!!!!!

Moral of the story, who cares what hypocrites say about us. :angel:

I think the fact that 86% in Jordan, 84% in Eqypt and 76% in Pakistan want to kill a person for leaving Islam is much more psychotic/screwed up than the stone pelting issue.

According to these people, if my parents happened to be Muslim and I was born into a Muslim family, but wanted to change religion or did not believe in Allah any more, than I should be killed. That is pretty extreme.

All of the data are truly troubling, if they're representative for the respectively countries. Punishment of adultery is almost impossible to proof in Islamic law (would you commit adultery in front of four witnesses?) yet, if the Islamists come to power they have no eye for such nuances. A great example of their brutality was displayed this week in Afghanistan were a raped women was tortured, executed and her body desecrated by the Taliban and their supporters. Another good example was an incident in Egypt were Islamist thugs killed a student on the street, because he was walking with a girl (his fiance!).

The worrying stats on apostasy display another feature of Islamists: hypocrisy. They cheer when some unbeliever enters the world of Islam (understandably I guess), but if someone used the same freedom of religion to turn away from Islam, he is hunted down and killed like an animal. Even talking about or displaying your religion can make Islamists go berserk, yet they demand the right that people can choose Islam as their religion. How hypocrite and illogical, it's almost beyond reality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom