What's new

70th Anniversary of D-Day

Desertfalcon

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yesterday was the 70th anniversary of the Allied invasion of Normandy beach in WWII. The number of surviving veterans of that battle become fewer and fewer, every year. It is worth remembering their sacrifice and honoring those who paid the ultimate price to free Europe from the Nazi's grasp. I did so yesterday and prayers were offered for them in my church. :usflag:

D-Day_landing,0.jpg

"My fellow Americans: Last night, when I spoke with you about the fall of Rome, I knew at that moment that troops of the United States and our allies were crossing the Channel in another and greater operation. It has come to pass with success thus far.

And so, in this poignant hour, I ask you to join with me in prayer:

Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our Nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity.

Lead them straight and true; give strength to their arms, stoutness to their hearts, steadfastness in their faith.

They will need Thy blessings. Their road will be long and hard. For the enemy is strong. He may hurl back our forces. Success may not come with rushing speed, but we shall return again and again; and we know that by Thy grace, and by the righteousness of our cause, our sons will triumph.

They will be sore tried, by night and by day, without rest-until the victory is won. The darkness will be rent by noise and flame. Men's souls will be shaken with the violences of war.

For these men are lately drawn from the ways of peace. They fight not for the lust of conquest. They fight to end conquest. They fight to liberate. They fight to let justice arise, and tolerance and good will among all Thy people. They yearn but for the end of battle, for their return to the haven of home.

Some will never return. Embrace these, Father, and receive them, Thy heroic servants, into Thy kingdom.

And for us at home -- fathers, mothers, children, wives, sisters, and brothers of brave men overseas -- whose thoughts and prayers are ever with them--help us, Almighty God, to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith in Thee in this hour of great sacrifice.

Many people have urged that I call the Nation into a single day of special prayer. But because the road is long and the desire is great, I ask that our people devote themselves in a continuance of prayer. As we rise to each new day, and again when each day is spent, let words of prayer be on our lips, invoking Thy help to our efforts.

Give us strength, too -- strength in our daily tasks, to redouble the contributions we make in the physical and the material support of our armed forces.

And let our hearts be stout, to wait out the long travail, to bear sorrows that may come, to impart our courage unto our sons wheresoever they may be.

And, O Lord, give us Faith. Give us Faith in Thee; Faith in our sons; Faith in each other; Faith in our united crusade. Let not the keenness of our spirit ever be dulled. Let not the impacts of temporary events, of temporal matters of but fleeting moment let not these deter us in our unconquerable purpose.

With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the apostles of greed and racial arrogancies. Lead us to the saving of our country, and with our sister Nations into a world unity that will spell a sure peace a peace invulnerable to the schemings of unworthy men. And a peace that will let all of men live in freedom, reaping the just rewards of their honest toil.

Thy will be done, Almighty God.

Amen."
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt, June 6th 1944

American GI's and the rape of French Women after D-Day

By Mathieu von Rohr

US soldiers who fought in World War II have commonly been depicted as honorable citizen warriors from the "Greatest Generation." But a new book uncovers the dark side of some GIs in liberated France, where robbing, raping and whoring were rife.

The liberators made a lot of noise and drank too much. They raced around in their jeeps, fought in the streets and stole. But the worst thing was their obsession with French women. They wanted sex -- some for free, some for money and some by force.

After four years of German occupation, the French greeted the US soldiers landing in Normandy on June 6, 1944 as liberators. The entire country was delirious with joy. But after only a few months, a shadow was cast over the new masters' image among the French.
By the late summer of 1944, large numbers of women in Normandy were complaining about rapes by US soldiers. Fear spread among the population, as did a bitter joke: "Our men had to disguise themselves under the Germans. But when the Americans came, we had to hide the women."

With the landing on Omaha Beach, "a veritable tsunami of male lust" washed over France, writes Mary Louise Roberts, a history professor at the University of Wisconsin, in her new book "What Soldiers Do: Sex and the American GI in World War II France." In it, Roberts scrapes away at the idealized picture of war heroes. Although soldiers have had a reputation for committing rape in many wars, American GIs have been largely excluded from this stereotype. Historical research has paid very little attention to this dark side of the liberation of Europe, which was long treated as a taboo subject in both the United States and France.

American propaganda did not sell the war to soldiers as a struggle for freedom, writes Roberts, but as a "sexual adventure." France was "a tremendous brothel," the magazine Life fantasized at the time, "inhabited by 40,000,000 hedonists who spend all their time eating, drinking (and) making love." The Stars and Stripes, the official newspaper of the US armed forces, taught soldiers German phrases like: "Waffen niederlegen!" ("Throw down your arms!"). But the French phrases it recommended to soldiers were different: "You have charming eyes," "I am not married" and "Are your parents at home?"

After their victory, the soldiers felt it was time for a reward. And when they enjoyed themselves with French women, they were not only validating their own masculinity, but also, in a metaphorical sense, the new status of the United States as a superpower, writes Roberts. The liberation of France was sold to the American public as a love affair between US soldiers and grateful French women.

On the other hand, following their defeat by the Germans, many French perceived the Americans' uninhibited activities in their own country as yet another humiliation. Although the French were officially among the victorious powers, the Americans were now in charge.

'Scenes Contrary to Decency'

The subject of sex played a central role in the relationship between the French and their liberators. Prostitution was the source of constant strife between US military officials and local authorities.

Some of the most dramatic reports came from the port city of Le Havre, which was overrun by soldiers headed home in the summer of 1945. In a letter to a Colonel Weed, the US regional commander, then Mayor Pierre Voisin complained that his citizens couldn't even go for a walk in the park or visit the cemetery without encountering GIs having sex in public with prostitutes.

"Scenes contrary to decency" were unfolding in his city day and night, Voisin wrote. It was "not only scandalous but intolerable" that "youthful eyes are exposed to such public spectacles." The mayor suggested that the Americans set up a brothel outside the city so that the sexual activity would be discrete and the spread of sexually transmitted diseases could be combated by medical personnel.

But the Americans could not operate brothels because they feared that stories about the soldiers' promiscuity would then make their way back to their wives at home. Besides, writes Roberts, many American military officials did not take the complaints seriously owing to their belief that it was normal for the French to have sex in public.

But the citizens of Le Havre wrote letters of protest to their mayor, and not just regarding prostitution. We are "attacked, robbed, run over both on the street and in our houses," wrote one citizen in October 1945. "This is a regime of terror, imposed by bandits in uniform."

'The Swagger of Conquerors'

There were similar accounts from all over the country, with police reports listing holdups, theft and rapes. In Brittany, drunk soldiers destroyed bars when they ran out of cognac. Sexual assaults were commonplace in Marseilles. In Rouen, a soldier forced his way into a house, held up his weapon and demanded sex.
The military authorities generally took the complaints about rape seriously. However, the soldiers who were convicted were almost exclusively African-American, some of them apparently on the basis of false accusations, because racism was also deeply entrenched in French society.

A café owner from Le Havre expressed the deep French disillusionment over the Americans' behavior when he said: "We expected friends who would not make us ashamed of our defeat. Instead, there came incomprehension, arrogance, incredibly bad manners and the swagger of conquerors."

Translated from the German by Christopher Sultan

New Book Reveals Dark Side of American Soldiers in Liberated France - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Last edited:
The Dark Side of Liberation: Rape by American soldiers
By JENNIFER SCHUESSLER
Published: May 20, 2013

The soldiers who landed in Normandy on D-Day were greeted as liberators, but by the time American G.I.’s were headed back home in late 1945, many French citizens viewed them in a very different light.

In the port city of Le Havre, the mayor was bombarded with letters from angry residents complaining about drunkenness, jeep accidents, sexual assault — “a regime of terror,” as one put it, “imposed by bandits in uniform.”

This isn’t the “greatest generation” as it has come to be depicted in popular histories. But in “What Soldiers Do: Sex and the American G.I. in World War II France,” the historian Mary Louise Roberts draws on French archives, American military records, wartime propaganda and other sources to advance a provocative argument: The liberation of France was “sold” to soldiers not as a battle for freedom but as an erotic adventure among oversexed Frenchwomen, stirring up a “tsunami of male lust” that a battered and mistrustful population often saw as a second assault on its sovereignty and dignity.

“I could not believe what I was reading,” Ms. Roberts, a professor of French history at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, recalled of the moment she came across the citizen complaints in an obscure archive in Le Havre. “I took out my little camera and began photographing the pages. I did not go to the bathroom for eight hours.”

“What Soldiers Do,” to be officially published next month by the University of Chicago Press, arrives just as sexual misbehavior inside the military is high on the national agenda, thanks to a recent Pentagon report estimating that some 26,000 service members had been sexually assaulted in 2012, more than a one-third increase since 2010.

While Ms. Roberts’s arguments may be a hard sell to readers used to more purely heroic narratives, her book is winning praise from some scholarly colleagues.“Our culture has embalmed World War II as ‘the good war,’ and we don’t revisit the corpse very often,” said David M. Kennedy, a historian at Stanford University and the author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning book “Freedom From Fear: The American People in Depression and War, 1929-1945.”

“What Soldiers Do,” he added, is “a breath of fresh air,” providing less of an “aha” than, as he put it, an “of course.”

Ms. Roberts, whose parents met in 1944 when her father was training as a naval officer, emphasizes that American soldiers’ heroism and sacrifice were very real, and inspired genuine gratitude. But French sources, she argues, also reveal deep ambivalence on the part of the liberated.

“Struggles between American and French officials over sex,” she writes, “rekindled the unresolved question of who exactly was in charge.”

Sex was certainly on the liberators’ minds. The book cites military propaganda and press accounts depicting France as “a tremendous brothel inhabited by 40 million hedonists,” as Life magazine put it. (Sample sentences from a French phrase guide in the newspaper Stars and Stripes: “You are very pretty” and “Are your parents at home?”)

On the ground, however, the grateful kisses captured by photojournalists gave way to something less picturesque. In the National Archives in College Park, Md., Ms. Roberts found evidence — including one blurry, curling snapshot — supporting long-circulating colorful anecdotes about the Blue and Gray Corral, a brothel set up near the village of St. Renan in September 1944 by Maj. Gen. Charles H. Gerhardt, commander of the infantry division that landed at Omaha Beach, partly to counter a wave of rape accusations against G.I.’s. (It was shut down after a mere five hours.)

In France, Ms. Roberts also found a desperate letter from the mayor of Le Havre in August 1945 urging American commanders to set up brothels outside the city, to halt the “scenes contrary to decency” that overran the streets, day and night. They refused, partly, Ms. Roberts argues, out of concern that condoning prostitution would look bad to “American mothers and sweethearts,” as one soldier put it.

Keeping G.I. sex hidden from the home front, she writes, ensured that it would be on full public view in France: a “two-sided attitude,” she said, that is reflected in the current military sexual abuse crisis.

Ms. Roberts is not the first scholar to bring the sexual side of World War II into clearer view. The 1990s brought a surge of scholarship on the Soviet Army’s mass rapes on the Eastern front, fed partly by the international campaign to have rape recognized as a war crime after the conflict in the former Yugoslavia. At the same time, gender historians began taking a closer look at “fraternization” by American soldiers, with particular attention to what women thought they were getting out of the bargain.

“The standard story had been that the Soviets were the rapists, the Americans were the fraternizers, and the British were the gentlemen,” said Atina Grossmann, the author of “Jews, Germans and Allies: Close Encounters in Occupied Germany.”

Work that looked at sexual assaults by American soldiers, even on a small scale, remained controversial. J. Robert Lilly’s “Taken by Force,” a groundbreaking study of rapes of French, German and British civilian women by G.I.’s, based on courts-martial records Mr. Lilly uncovered, drew a strong response when it was published in France in 2003. But the book, which emphasized the grossly disproportionate prosecution of black soldiers, struggled to find an American publisher amid tensions between the United States and Europe over Iraq.

“American presses wouldn’t touch the subject with a 10-foot barge pole,” said Mr. Lilly, a sociology professor at Northern Kentucky University. (Palgrave Macmillan published his book in the United States in 2007.)

Today the seamier side of liberation is not entirely absent from popular accounts. “The Guns at Last Light: The War in Western Europe, 1944-1945,” the final volume of Rick Atkinson’s best-selling trilogy about the war, published this month, includes a brief discussion of the Army’s campaign against venereal disease (“Don’t forget the Krauts were fooling around France a long time before we got here,” an Army publication warned soldiers in December 1944), as well as a reference to Mr. Lilly’s work.

The few scholars who have looked more closely at rape by G.I.’s have attributed its racially skewed prosecution to “the Jim Crow army,” which was happy to depict rape as a problem only among the noncombat support units to which black soldiers were mostly limited.

“White soldiers got a pass because of their combat status,” said William I. Hitchcock, author of “The Bitter Road to Freedom” (2008), a history of the liberation of Western Europe from the perspective of often traumatized local civilians. “The Army wasn’t interested in prosecuting a battle-scarred sergeant.”

Ms. Roberts, who closely studied transcripts of 15 courts-martial in Northern France, certainly sees American racism at work. “Let’s Look at Rape!,” a 1944 Army pamphlet credited to “a Negro Chaplain,” contained a prominent illustration of a noose — a clear suggestion that the Army was going to “protect the color line,” she writes. (Among the soldiers hanged for rape and murder was Louis Till, the father of Emmett Till.)

But her analysis is hardly more flattering to the French, whose often shaky accusations, as she sees them, reflected their own need to project the humiliations of occupation onto a racial “other.” (“We have no more soldiers here, just a few Negroes who terrorize the neighborhood,” one civilian remarked in April 1945.)

Ms. Roberts said the book has attracted strong interest from French publishers, where willingness to explore the darker side of liberation jostles with a lingering fear of seeming ungrateful. At home, she insisted, her goal is not “to sour the story of Normandy.”

“I truly believe what we did there was amazing,” she said. “But I’m interested in providing a richer and more realistic picture.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/21/b...iers-in-world-war-ii-france.html?pagewanted=2

Very moving - those guys were hero's - think of the world if the axis powers had prevailed.

Of course, nationalista, lives in a democracy and is from a democracy in a world made safe for democracy in part, by the ultimate sacrifice of men such as those on that day in 1944 on Normandy beach; men far more noble and brave than he is. He is like most spoiled little children. He resents what he has and can do nothing but try to whine and destroy in a tantrum, what his parents sacrificed and worked hard for. He is some sad, pathetic person, who tries to piss on the memory of real men far greater than himself so he can in some sick way, try to feel like he is somebody important too. I feel sorry for people like him, in a way.

Very moving - those guys were hero's - think of the world if the axis powers had prevailed.

We modern day Pak provided hundreds of thousands of soldiers .. Who fought from Burma to France .. Singapore to Hong kong n Egypt to Italy .. From French indo china to Dutch East Indies n North Africa ..

.. Some returned .. Some are buried in foriegn lands .. Yet all forgotten?

Salute to those guys who braved the horrendous hail of mg 42s and pushed on into the beaches amongst their dead comrades and brought hope.:usflag:

Tribute video.

Yesterday was the 70th anniversary of the Allied invasion of Normandy beach in WWII. The number of surviving veterans of that battle become fewer and fewer, every year. It is worth remembering their sacrifice and honoring those who paid the ultimate price to free Europe from the Nazi's grasp. I did so yesterday and prayers were offered for them in my church. :usflag:

D-Day_landing,0.jpg

"My fellow Americans: Last night, when I spoke with you about the fall of Rome, I knew at that moment that troops of the United States and our allies were crossing the Channel in another and greater operation. It has come to pass with success thus far.

And so, in this poignant hour, I ask you to join with me in prayer:

Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our Nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity.

Lead them straight and true; give strength to their arms, stoutness to their hearts, steadfastness in their faith.

They will need Thy blessings. Their road will be long and hard. For the enemy is strong. He may hurl back our forces. Success may not come with rushing speed, but we shall return again and again; and we know that by Thy grace, and by the righteousness of our cause, our sons will triumph.

They will be sore tried, by night and by day, without rest-until the victory is won. The darkness will be rent by noise and flame. Men's souls will be shaken with the violences of war.

For these men are lately drawn from the ways of peace. They fight not for the lust of conquest. They fight to end conquest. They fight to liberate. They fight to let justice arise, and tolerance and good will among all Thy people. They yearn but for the end of battle, for their return to the haven of home.

Some will never return. Embrace these, Father, and receive them, Thy heroic servants, into Thy kingdom.

And for us at home -- fathers, mothers, children, wives, sisters, and brothers of brave men overseas -- whose thoughts and prayers are ever with them--help us, Almighty God, to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith in Thee in this hour of great sacrifice.

Many people have urged that I call the Nation into a single day of special prayer. But because the road is long and the desire is great, I ask that our people devote themselves in a continuance of prayer. As we rise to each new day, and again when each day is spent, let words of prayer be on our lips, invoking Thy help to our efforts.

Give us strength, too -- strength in our daily tasks, to redouble the contributions we make in the physical and the material support of our armed forces.

And let our hearts be stout, to wait out the long travail, to bear sorrows that may come, to impart our courage unto our sons wheresoever they may be.

And, O Lord, give us Faith. Give us Faith in Thee; Faith in our sons; Faith in each other; Faith in our united crusade. Let not the keenness of our spirit ever be dulled. Let not the impacts of temporary events, of temporal matters of but fleeting moment let not these deter us in our unconquerable purpose.

With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the apostles of greed and racial arrogancies. Lead us to the saving of our country, and with our sister Nations into a world unity that will spell a sure peace a peace invulnerable to the schemings of unworthy men. And a peace that will let all of men live in freedom, reaping the just rewards of their honest toil.

Thy will be done, Almighty God.

Amen."
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt, June 6th 1944

To the veterans from the world over who fought evil and tyranny, my great thanks.

RIP American, Canadian, British, Australian and Kiwi forces who died on the beaches at Normandy.

My grandfather was in the war, one of hundreds of thousands of men from todays Pakistan who were part of the British Indian army.

We modern day Pak provided hundreds of thousands of soldiers .. Who fought from Burma to France .. Singapore to Hong kong n Egypt to Italy .. From French indo china to Dutch East Indies n North Africa ..

Brother - the men from their units, that became the Pakistan Army - still respect and pay homage to those hero's.

Brother - the men from their units, that became the Pakistan Army - still respect and pay homage to those hero's.

And we modern day Pakistanis gained what from fighting this war for the British?? The Brits left us with nothing, no factories, 1 or 2 universities, barely anything to survive on. They left the subcontinent robbed, disorganized, and chaotic and because of them today we don't have whole of Kashmir. They only considered us cannon fodder, colonial servants. WW2 wasn't our war.

And we modern day Pakistanis gained what from fighting this war for the British?? The Brits left us with nothing, no factories, 1 or 2 universities, barely anything to survive on. They left the subcontinent robbed, disorganized, and chaotic and because of them today we don't have whole of Kashmir. They only considered us cannon fodder, colonial servants. WW2 wasn't our war.

Hitler and the axis powers - would have been the worst outcome for humanity, just think what Hitler would have done to us darkeys after finishing with the allies, we would be worse than slaves.

To the veterans from the world over who fought evil and tyranny, my great thanks.

RIP American, Canadian, British, Australian and Kiwi forces who died on the beaches at Normandy.

My grandfather was in the war, one of hundreds of thousands of men from todays Pakistan who were part of the British Indian army.

I had two grandfathers in that war, one in the European theater, and the other Burma.

Hitler and the axis powers - would have been the worst outcome for humanity, just think what Hitler would have done to us darkeys after finishing with the allies, we would be worse than slaves.
Well, we really can't be certain for sure because that is only a speculation based not on facts. I have read Mein Kampf, and i have studied WW2 history extensively enough to reach the conclusion that Hitler had no aspirations to invade the lands of the "darkies", in particular modern day Pakistan.

Hitler even rejected the British offer of returning Germany's African colonies which were taken from her after WWI, why would he then aspire to invade lands thousands of miles away??

Anyways, lets see what these "darkies" have to say about hitler and the evil "Nazis":

Owens said, "Hitler didn't snub me – it was FDR who snubbed me. The president didn't even send me a telegram."-Schaap, Jeremy (2007). Triumph: The Untold Story of Jesse Owens and Hitler's Olympics. New York: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.

Hitler 'shook hands' with black 1936 Olympic hero Jesse Owens | Mail Online

Forget Hitler - it was America that snubbed black Olympian Jesse Owens | Mail Online

Also, the accounts of Prominent African American leader, W.E.B. DuBois toured NS Germany during the late 1930's, after the Olympics, and this is what he had to say:

"The treatment of Negroes shows still no trace of hatred, and the attitude of the German press during the Olympic games was altogether thoroughly fair to the colored athletes (colored meaning Black), indeed friendly"-W.E.B DuBois, in his tour of NS Germany

Man of Color Tours Germany

Also, here are the accounts of a African-American fighter Pilot who was shot down over NS German occupied territory and thus taken POW by the Germans:
"I was treated better as a Nazi POW than i was back home in America", he wrote in his memoirs.

"I was treated as an officer and a gentleman. I didn't have any interaction with the Germans because that was the role of the highest ranking POW in the camp."

Colonel Jefferson said he was never beaten while a captive.

Tuskegee Airman recalls time as POW > U.S. Air Force > Display

Hitler's own words:

"In saying this, I promise you I am quite free of all racial hatred. It is, in any case, undesirable that one race should mix with other races. Except for a few gratuitous successes, which I am prepared to admit, systematic cross-breeding has never produced good results. Its desire to remain racially pure is a proof of the vitality and good health of a race. Pride in one's own race—and that does not imply contempt for other races—is also a normal and healthy sentiment. I have never regarded the Chinese or the Japanese as being inferior to ourselves. They belong to ancient civilisations, and I admit freely that their past history is superior to our own. They have the right to be proud of their past, just as we have the right to be proud of the civilization to which we belong. Indeed, I believe the more steadfast the Chinese and the Japanese remain in their pride of race, the easier I shall find it to get on with them." (13th February 1945)

There are more such quotes of Hitler's, though im too lazy to do the digging.

What i can conclude is that it was the Allies who invaded, looted, raped, plundered, and then starved the people of the subcontinent. Could it get any worse than that??

Books: Churchill's Shameful Role in the Bengal Famine - TIME

Real History and Winston Churchill

"Indians are the beastliest people in the world, next to the Germans."-Winston Churchill

@Akheilos @Armstrong

Last edited:
Well, we really can't be certain for sure because that is only a speculation based not on facts. I have read Mein Kampf, and i have studied WW2 history extensively enough to reach the conclusion that Hitler had no aspirations to invade the lands of the "darkies", in particular modern day Pakistan.

Hitler even rejected the British offer of returning Germany's African colonies which were taken from her after WWI, why would he then aspire to invade lands thousands of miles away??

Anyways, lets see what these "darkies" have to say about hitler and the evil "Nazis":

Owens said, "Hitler didn't snub me – it was FDR who snubbed me. The president didn't even send me a telegram."-Schaap, Jeremy (2007). Triumph: The Untold Story of Jesse Owens and Hitler's Olympics. New York: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.

Hitler 'shook hands' with black 1936 Olympic hero Jesse Owens | Mail Online

Forget Hitler - it was America that snubbed black Olympian Jesse Owens | Mail Online

Also, the accounts of Prominent African American leader, W.E.B. DuBois toured NS Germany during the late 1930's, after the Olympics, and this is what he had to say:

"The treatment of Negroes shows still no trace of hatred, and the attitude of the German press during the Olympic games was altogether thoroughly fair to the colored athletes (colored meaning Black), indeed friendly"-W.E.B DuBois, in his tour of NS Germany

Man of Color Tours Germany

Also, here are the accounts of a African-American fighter Pilot who was shot down over NS German occupied territory and thus taken POW by the Germans:

Tuskegee Airman recalls time as POW > U.S. Air Force > Display

Hitler's own words:

There are more such quotes of Hitler's, though im too lazy to do the digging.

What i can conclude is that it was the Allies who invaded, looted, raped, plundered, and then starved the people of the subcontinent. Could it get any worse than that??

Books: Churchill's Shameful Role in the Bengal Famine - TIME

Real History and Winston Churchill

"Indians are the beastliest people in the world, next to the Germans."-Winston Churchill

Come on bro, that is revisionism - we all know that Hitler held non-whites in contempt, the thing is South Asia would have probably become part of the Japanese Empire, and I don't need to remind you - what would have happened to us.

And the Kuwaiti people and goats got raped by Iraqis. HAHAHAHAHA !!!

Do I post the beheading videos yet ?
Yes iraqi army raped Kuwait in three hours it was the fastest invasion in the world

Come on bro, that is revisionism - we all know that Hitler held non-whites in contempt, the thing is South Asia would have probably become part of the Japanese Empire, and I don't need to remind you - what would have happened to us.
Would have's, could have's, and should have's aside. It is all mere speculation when there is no evidence to support it. What would have happened to us?? Perhaps we would have achieved our independence much earlier since the Japanese were actively supporting revolts against the British in india and there is plenty of evidence to support that. That is a historical fact and supports my stance more so than it does yours.

How about, what did happen to us?? Yes, 4 million Bengalis starved during famine due to British policies, not to mention years of plundering, looting, oppressing, etc.

And "revisionism"?? How so?? You mean to tell me that i am making up the experiences of Jesse Owens or the Black Pilot in German POW camp and the prominent African American leader DuBois?? How so when those are their own words??

@Akheilos

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom