What's new

£700,000 to buy letters which 'prove national hero Gandhi was gay'

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are too much in occupied his personal life that they forget instead of living a comfortable life as a barrister he opted something else. Otherwise we will be singing British national anthem in our schools.

People looking and inventing stuff to mock him rather examining what impact he did in our freedom movement. Discuss som ething worthwhile

Carry on kids....

P.S. I am still surprised why this thread is not closed.

While it might not be the absolute reason, however i think that the progeny of Nehru carrying on their political career in his name and the hatred they earned over the period could have contributed to his current status among our public.

I think it isn't a unnatural reaction among our public regarding the 'Father of Nation' as all great men in history are hated eventually by somebody for byproducts of their actions. It doesn't matter to the public the credibility of such news. I am not saying the current topic is baseless, i am just talking in common for all the great men in history.

Now for me his impact on freedom movement is a bare minimum, but these are just my thoughts and not baseless i assure you. I neither hate him for silly reasons nor do i give him a pedestal. At the end as decided by learned men of the past he is our nations father thats it and we got to respect him.

^ Fair Enough....

To those pakistanis who are bashing Gandhi, go FYS.
there are things that humanity has to learn from his public life rather than his private. and you guys chose to bash on article that claims some thing that you have neither read the letters nor its available in the public domain, or if its true that these letters exist or its just another conspiracy to defame a nation.

so did they too rule over PAKISTAN,
besides there is no official response from the auction house, nor from the Government of Britain or INDIA about the letters.
So speculating some thing on a mans personal life and assasinating his character is like you doing moral prostitution with yourself.

Easy tiger. The letters exist. Whether Ghandi was gay or not, only God knows. Biography written about him also support the claims that he was gay.
My point is simple it doesnt matter if he was Gay or Not. What matters is, he is an international icon. End off. And all the pakistani guys come om lads, look at yourselves. Look at the leaders ruling over So called "islamic republic". One of them claims to be a muslim yet cant even read bissmillah. Other one has billions of public money. I would rather have a Gay man put some sense then a freaking murgi chor (chicken stealer) :-)

Just answer one question, if we posted any such article about your father of nation wouldn't it will lead to instantaneous ban or outrage among you people.

Respect is earned when its is given.

No , as long as it is credible ... It wont be ! Aren't countless anti-Pakistan articles posted in PDF daily , my friend ? What are done to them ? We , here believe in freedom of speech !

I respect him nonetheless ! Just regret that he didn't declare himself as such ! His life was an open book to all !

the Indian government has bought a collection of letters between the two men days before they were to be auctioned.
India paid around £700,000 (60million rupees) for the papers, which cover Gandhi's time in South Africa, his return to India and his contentious relationship with his family.

Indian once again caves in to British blackmailing. This has got to be epic!

what does it matter" if " he was gay . did he not bring freedom to the subcontinent ? did he not toil selflessly for both India and Pakistan. while you in Pakistan may fail to recognize him as one of your founding fathers, (as he is not Muslim) we in India do .

we recognize his role and dare i say even Jinnah role in our freedom struggle. so stop trying to take cheap shots on a man who was greater than all you guys can ever hope be .

kd66ab.jpg

So Gandhi is the mother of mother india?

So Gandhi is the mother of mother india?
:hitwall:Did you :hitwall:reach :hitwall:to 10000 posts with:hitwall:this type of:hitwall:logic:.............................:alcoholic:

No , as long as it is credible ... It wont be ! Aren't countless anti-Pakistan articles posted in PDF daily , my friend ? What are done to them ? We , here believe in freedom of speech !

I respect him nonetheless ! Just regret that he didn't declare himself as such ! His life was an open book to all !
Why should he declare if he wasn't...BTW I didn't mean we have to start thread target to yo coz of this thread....Peace...

Indian once again caves in to British blackmailing. This has got to be epic!
Yeah...they blackmail us, wait a minute, why didn't they did so to buy their fighter...:azn:

and barak obama said gandhi is his hero:rofl::rofl:

hero-in?

What a gay effort by some desperate souls. Gandhi was a great man in public life, a great humanist, thinker, peace loving activist who did not shy away from hard work, spent a long time in prison seeking freedom and self rule - for all this he is considered a great man and there are streets named after him and statues of him all over the world.

This is not the first and not the last attempt at his character assassination or to stretch logic to come up with ridiculous foregone conclusions. Gandhi has and will outlast such idiots.

OTOH I'm willing to accept todays India was created in 1947 if Pakistanis accept todays Pakistan was created in 1971 ;)

the behavior of some so called elite members here is pathetic . just goes to prove that some people just cant get over their insecurity .

One question to common sense of all Indophobic homphobes here.

If Gandhi was a gay, how did he have children?

Around 50% of gays have heterosexual relationship as well .....they do have families and have children ....but their preference is homo ....lol This was in my usmle exam preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom