What's new

65th birth anniversary of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan being observed today

faisal6309

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
65th birth anniversary of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan being observed today

Nusrat-Fateh-Ali-KHan-316x248.jpg

The pride of Pakistan and the magical voice of the sub-continent, Nusrat Fateh Ali khan, is being remembered on his birth anniversary today.

“The king of qawwali”, Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali khan was born on October 13, 1948 in Faisalabad.

The soul-touching singer continues to inspire audiences around the world, even after his death.

With his stunning voice, khan's first public performance was as the leader of a qawwali party, at a studio recording broadcast as part of an annual music festival organized by radio Pakistan, known as Jashn-e-Baharan.

His first major hit was the song haq ali ali while he also did joint ventures with well-known international singers.

He reached out to western audiences through his work with peter Gabriel on the soundtrack to the last temptation of Christ in 1985.

His songs are still alive among his fans and also youngsters, and have defined the art-form of qawwali for the generations to come.

According to the Guinness book of world records, Nusrat Fateh Ali holds the world record for the largest recorded output by a qawwali artist - a total of 125 albums as of 2001.

The Pakistan government had awarded him with pride of performance for his splendid work in the field of music.

He passed away at the age of 48, having become one of the world's most outstanding vocalists.

Source:
65th birth anniversary of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan being observed today | NewsPakistan.PK

I heard about this guy. He had a problem with that film "dead man walking". I think they sampled his music without his permission.
128 Albums is Impressive.

Yes i do know that but what i meant was that i am proud that he was a Pakistani and we could have a true gem like him.

But some of mullah people and molvi continue fatwa on him. But some where we read that Hazrat Daud (A.S) was blessed with a good voice. When he was engaged in Allah’s worship, the birds of the mountains and forests rushed towards him and joined him in divine remembrance in their own language. Even the mountains prayed along with him.

Yes i do know that but what i meant was that i am proud that he was a Pakistani and we could have a true gem like him.

But some of mullah people and molvi continue fatwa on him. But some where we read that Hazrat Daud (A.S) was blessed with a good voice. When he was engaged in Allah’s worship, the birds of the mountains and forests rushed towards him and joined him in divine remembrance in their own language. Even the mountains prayed along with him.

As far as fatwa of any Molvi is concered that is his personal opinion not just in this case but in all matters fatwa is only limited to a scholar's own understanding of Islam and Ahadith that don't go against the essence of Islam. If somebody wants to know what Islam says about something they should get to know from the authentic source themselves instead of relying on those who are at daggers drawn with their contemporaries to prove a point.

As far as fatwa of any Molvi is concered that is his personal opinion not just in this case but in all matters fatwa is only limited to a scholar's own understanding of Islam and Ahadith that don't go against the essence of Islam. If somebody wants to know what Islam says about something they should get to know from the authentic source itself instead of relying on those who are at daggers drawn with their contemporaries to prove a point.

One of my favorite singers of all time . there is not a day that goes by without me listening to this qawwali.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great singer and composer, his tune were lifted often by Anu malik the Indian composer

One of my favorite

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom