What's new

63rd Independence Day

sparklingway

Reaction score
Today it has been 63 years since Pakistan became an independent nation-state. It has been a tough ride, marked by huge problems and we have overcome all of them to reach a point where even after facing regional hostilities and global problems, we stand as a sovereign nation with much to be proud of. Yes, we have our fair share of problems and many of them are still basic ones but with the will, sacrifice and determination we can overcome them.

Today, we are trying help the millions of our own countrymen whose lives have been devastated by the biggest natural calamity in recent memory. There is little justification for celebrating independence in such times, let alone arrange lavish ceremonies.

In such testing times, the spirit of the pioneers of the Pakistan Movement must live on.

I find it a bit insensitive to write "Happy Independence Day". Let's just focus all our energies on helping the needy.

Pakistan_Grungy_Flag_by_think0.jpg

Happy Independence day to all Pakistani members :pakistan::usflag:

Happy independence day to all my Pakistani Brothers & Sisters, Though our dream of a 'Great Nation' is shattered, but we can still hope

Lahoo Main Doob Rahi Hay Fiza e Arzze Watan
Main Kis Zuba Say Kahu, Azadi Mubark ho

Pakistan Zindabad with a heavy heart :tsk:

There was a time when Pakistan hedged over India due to western contacts. Then came a time when Pakistan and India equalised. Then India hedged over Pakistan with Soviet helped. Now Pakistan is following India while India is preparing to leap ahead as regional power.
Sad state of affairs indeed..

Anyway, here if my tribute. Usually I prefer the rock version but due to general sadness caused by disaster I feel orchestra version is more suitable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Independence Day to Pakistan!
and Happy Independence Day to India in advance.

Happy Independence day to Pakistan and ramzaan mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters out there.

20100814_18.jpg

Displaced flood-affected children make preparations on Friday to celebrate the Independence Day. International aid for flood victims is coming in slowly compared to other recent disasters, despite the massive number of people affected and the potential for dire economic consequences in a country key to Western hopes in the fight against terrorists. ap

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

And ...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...88-afghan-refugees-celebrate-august-14-a.html

Back
Top Bottom