batmannow

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
GEO Pakistan
57 PAF officials arrested over links with terrorists
Updated at: 1744 PST, Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ISLAMABAD: Over 50 Pakistan Air Force (PAF) officials have been court marshaled following arrest on charges of having links with terrorists while an important PAF official who is also wanted is at large.

According to information gathered from Geo News source, action against some of the PAF officials over links with terrorists began in former president Pervez Musharraf’s regime.

More arrests were undertaken after a PAF official Mushtaq was apprehended. As many as 57 officials were arrested from Kamra, Lahore, Sargodha, Mianwali and Karachi. Of these, 26 had to face court marshal who were awarded three and half to 17 year imprisonment while six were awarded capital punishment on involvement in serious crimes.

Those awarded death sentence are: senior technicians, Karamdin, Khalid Mehmood; carpool technician Nawazish; junior technicians, Niaz, Nasrullah and Adnan.

A wanted carpool technician Amir is still at large whose photos have been affixed at all the air bases.:tsk::hitwall:

^^Kudos to Pakistani authorities for getting tough on these people.

It always going in armed forces, strict surveillance of staff. Investigation started after attempt made by few PAF officers, slowly they caught almost everyone. Majority of these adventurism happens on lower level.

GEO Pakistan
57 PAF officials arrested over links with terrorists
Updated at: 1744 PST, Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ISLAMABAD: Over 50 Pakistan Air Force (PAF) officials have been court marshaled following arrest on charges of having links with terrorists while an important PAF official who is also wanted is at large.

According to information gathered from Geo News source, action against some of the PAF officials over links with terrorists began in former president Pervez Musharraf’s regime.

More arrests were undertaken after a PAF official Mushtaq was apprehended. As many as 57 officials were arrested from Kamra, Lahore, Sargodha, Mianwali and Karachi. Of these, 26 had to face court marshal who were awarded three and half to 17 year imprisonment while six were awarded capital punishment on involvement in serious crimes.

Those awarded death sentence are: senior technicians, Karamdin, Khalid Mehmood; carpool technician Nawazish; junior technicians, Niaz, Nasrullah and Adnan.

A wanted carpool technician Amir is still at large whose photos have been affixed at all the air bases.:tsk::hitwall:

Thats the way to go baby..!!! Having bad apples its not a countries fault.. but not taking any action against them is..!!!

I hope GOP continues its action against terrorists of all forms.. so that it really can be called a responsible nation..!!! Way to go guys..!!!!

It always going in armed forces, strict surveillance of staff. Investigation started after attempt made by few PAF officers, slowly they caught almost everyone. Majority of these adventurism happens on lower level.

quite accurate , observation sir!:tup:
but its looks , mystrious , i mean the timming & putting blame on MUSHARAF rule, in some extent!:azn:

Actions were taken in Mush era and certain servicemen were arrested over behavior non becoming a serviceman...i fail to understand what Geo is trying to do by running this as a new thing...the timing and presentation of this news is not at all correct and seems more of a mud smearing attempt to me...another attempt to make it seem that army has a major rift from within whereas Army has actually become more disciplined, strict and motivated than a few years ago...
Something smells of shi**y journalism....

Actions were taken in Mush era and certain servicemen were arrested over behavior non becoming a serviceman...i fail to understand what Geo is trying to do by running this as a new thing...the timing and presentation of this news is not at all correct and seems more of a mud smearing attempt to me...another attempt to make it seem that army has a major rift from within whereas Army has actually become more disciplined, strict and motivated than a few years ago...

dear All-Green;sir,
ya, thts what i was thinking of!
GEO tv's hate against MUSHARAF, its beyond common sense!:tsk:

Glad that these scoundrels were brought to their 'logical' end!

I think its a positive news as it shows our Armed forces are doing a good job.clearly sends the message to Terrosit that we are on to you.

yap, its good to see that no one is above the rules, specialy in the armed forces of pakistan, but its shouldnt be made politicaly motivated! either:agree::tup:
black sheeps , should be taken out , quickly for the better defence of the nation.:pakistan:

this news is SOOOOO old man. You must be kidding me.

the traitors are in jail, and if things were my way --- they would be taken to Peshawar Fort and hung in public.

they were just technicians who told the air-route of Musharraf and gave advice on where to acquire anti-aircraft ammos (which never even ended up working, lol)

this is the only time that PAF has faced such incident. And they werent high level officials, they were just part-time technicians......

nexxxxxxxxxxxt

Either that or they could be involved in espionage as well, So why not take any Taqi,Daud and Haroon to task whom you suspect of ill trading on terrorism charges. Considering these days suspecting someone of terrorism is not taboo while calling one a spy is(thanks to some civil society butterflies).

Bah, i'm glad they're arrested, our country is in the progress of cleaning everything and starting with a clean sheet, removing the likes of these people is a good start, i'm sure there is more to come.

Good job PAF it was time to clear out the trash!

This is a major news, a lot of mysterious targeting killings occurred of top military officials in Islamabad during Musharraf era and at the start of the current coalition governments, are there any connections?

There were suicide attacks on Army Barracks in Islamabad, which is pretty hard to do, the attack apparently was from within, possible connections.

What about the ambush attacks on Military convoys carrying supplies for the front they were overtaken by militants I am sure they are quite secure roots where they travel, might have connections too?

But I am quite proud to day to see that we are fighting our inner corruption for once we should unite against them forgiving and forgetting the past, there is still a long road, but with steady leadership we can defeat the terrorists once and for all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom