What's new

31 killed as militants attack Pakistan army checkpost

^^^

Flowerpot? Seriously?

Flower, pot, flower power, potshot, plant accident, planting explosives - think of all the puns one can come up with...

I was being cynical, its American law of guilty by association
where they arrested anyone Asian looking who visited Walmart when abu Jandaal was loitering in the car park of the mega store

I know its heartless to come up with these puns but when devastation is regular and culprits seem to be getting away with impunity and the Mulllahs keep their necks secure by praising and justifying taliban and curse and criticize America and sold out Pak army then all you are left with is the flower pots.

I recall a program on British channel 4 about Karachi its uploaded on youtube as well. its about a police inspector who is putting his life on the line catching criminals and contract killers and a driver of a charity van Edhi trust. both have seen so much death that they are in totally diffident state of mind from a normal person who hasnt seen such violence.

the driver says that when his own mother died, he says that he didnt have any tears or emotions and even found himself helplessly laughing

^^ Pakistan judiciary is releasing every terrorists from every god damn organization, real or fake organization.

Why no one criticize judiciary and its patron political parties? Even the media hide, news of release of terrorists!?

I see connection.. do you?

Lawyers, judges praying for Osama in the premises of Peshawar high court.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/osama-bin-laden/videos/4963779/Pakistani-lawyers-pray-for-bin-Laden
the courts freed the terrorists that were caught alive in the Manawan Police massacre.

Actually, even I am not completely sure about Nishan-e-Haider, if it's only awarded posthumously or not.

@Aeronaut, any input?

Off topic but........

....Gents I'm not sure if I have read you right, but the PVC can and often has been given to people who have survived battle. I can recall three names off the top of my head- Hoshiyar Singh Dahiya, Bana and Yogendra Yadav (although the authorities thought Yadav was dead when they announced the award).

As far as I know it is the Nishan-e-Haider that has always been awarded posthumously so far although I am not sure whether that is PA policy or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes they are and also sikhs as well. the Kapoor family moved from Peshawar to India

I have an off topic question , does the physique of a soldier change when exposed to constant death and blood shed , Do soldiers turn into something with "less emotions" or "less empathy" ?. the question came to my mind when i saw the thread of a marine killing a navy seal(famous sniper) because of post traumatic stress syndrome...

Yup........... there are many documentaries on War Torn, PTSD soldiers. Over 300 US soldiers committed suicide in 2012.

You know there is an unexpressed, unspoken pressure on me not to make these kinds of posts but for a person who has an underwear stuck in his brain and is the worst troll on this forum... :rolleyes:

I do not lie. Use your brain. You aren't the hero of a Tamil film dodging rockets from TNLA fighters backed by Veerappan. Use your brain before it rusts. Generally Pakistanis know more about Pakistan and Indians about India.

The army first thing, does not take these kinds of figures on the ethnic composition of its troops. This is the proof, Mr troll:

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/pdfid/4b6fe2d94.pdf
Page 12

The majority of figures state 25%. ISPR is better dead because it is only capable of making silly, incorrect statements.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

These are the top analysts on Pakistan currently. ISPR does not know ****. Their job is not to collect statistics so when someone asks them they bullshit about figures that are either outdated or incorrect. As the above source claims ISPR is incapable of research of this kind and has or keeps no record of ethnic groups in the army. There are no OFFICIAL FIGURES as the above source claims so even they qouted from somewhere and their answer is incorrect.

There is no official figure even if they do qoute things. The dawn article was severely criticized and should be taken down for giving incorrect information because in 2007 that was NOT the ethnic makeup of the army. There was only a small period when Punjabis heavily outnumbered everyone by proportion. The real issue is with the make-up of Sindhis and Balochs.

Now for my final point. Punjabis (mostly sikhs) make up 15-20% of the army while Punjab comprises only 2.29% of the Indian. Furthermore while muslims comprise 3% of the army with their 13.5% population. In developed nations people simply do not care which ethnic group or religious group makes up what. So in Pakistan this does not matter to us-it only does in the fact that Pashtuns are better capable of handling the TTP since they are from the geographic locality. That is it!
@MastanKhan, @TaimiKhan, @Hyperion, @Pukhtoon and others can confirm that army has a higher proportion of Pashtuns and Punjabis than other groups as percentage. Now stop trolling.

Official statistics by ISPR are more credible than your gut feeling. I have lived in Peshawer cantt for years , have visited kakool academy numerous times, you dont see one fourth(25%) of the army guys there as pashtuns ,probably one in ten would be pashtun. Just visit an army cantt, even your gut feeling would go along with official statistics.

Official statistics by ISPR are more credible than your gut feeling. I have lived in Peshawer cantt for years , have visited kakool academy numerous times, you dont see one fourth(25%) of the army guys there as pashtuns ,probably one in ten would be pashtun. Just visit an army cantt, even your gut feeling would go along with official statistics.

and what do we achieve with this point? what is FC and FF comprised of by the way? and also it depends what contentment you are in. once again I am not sure what does the ethnic makeup of Pak army has to do with a taliban attack on a post.

yes they are and also sikhs as well. the Kapoor family moved from Peshawar to India

Strictly speaking kapoors, yousaf khan and shahrukh khan belong to hindko speaking families of Old peshawer...
Hindus were ancient inhabitants of presented day KPK, most of them were massacred by mehmud ghaznavi. Afghan tribes migrated from present day afghanistan into these depopulated areas and termed remnants of these local hindus as hindi/hindki and their langauge as hindko. Later many hindus from hindostan settled among pashtuns as traders and artisans. All Sikhs and some more hindus came along with ranjeet singh forces.

I have an off topic question , does the physique of a soldier change when exposed to constant death and blood shed , Do soldiers turn into something with "less emotions" or "less empathy" ?. the question came to my mind when i saw the thread of a marine killing a navy seal(famous sniper) because of post traumatic stress syndrome...

yes
the training kicks in. thats a universal symptom beyond the times of recorded history. there is also a mob mentality and lynching of the untouchables or minorities across the globe where seemingly very cultured and peace loving pepole turn violent.

I was being cynical, its American law of guilty by association
where they arrested anyone Asian looking who visited Walmart when abu Jandaal was loitering in the car park of the mega store

I know its heartless to come up with these puns but when devastation is regular and culprits seem to be getting away with impunity and the Mulllahs keep their necks secure by praising and justifying taliban and curse and criticize America and sold out Pak army then all you are left with is the flower pots.

I recall a program on British channel 4 about Karachi its uploaded on youtube as well. its about a police inspector who is putting his life on the line catching criminals and contract killers and a driver of a charity van Edhi trust. both have seen so much death that they are in totally diffident state of mind from a normal person who hasnt seen such violence.

the driver says that when his own mother died, he says that he didnt have any tears or emotions and even found himself helplessly laughing

Lawyers, judges praying for Osama in the premises of Peshawar high court.

Pakistani lawyers pray for bin Laden | Stuff.co.nz
the courts freed the terrorists that were caught alive in the Manawan Police massacre.

Like one Mufti did here ?

People telling us here that we destroy the image of Pakistan .. Btw Osama was also a Pushtun ? isnt it ?

Like one Mufti did here ?

People telling us here that we destroy the image of Pakistan .. Btw Osama was also a Pushtun ? isnt it ?

understand what you are saying, I was not pointing at the place but the type of people, ie.e lawyers and judges who find no fault in murderers and let them go

people who are racist towards pashtons forget what the terrorists from places like Jhang have done to the people of Pakistan.

reference to the video ...
Bashir Bilour was killed by cowards , may his soul rest in peace

Pashtons have suffered the most at the hands of terrorists & have stead fast against them but people of other provinces just make insensitive remarks out of ignorance

female students, health workers, teachers and police women have lost their lives due to their defiance to taliban.

@Pukhtoon : Don't let a few racists change your perception of what we think about Pashtuns; had we any problems with Pashtuns they wouldn't be in the hundred of thousands to millions in every major city of Pakistan many of whom have traditionally been Non-Pashtun !

For example Lahore mein ittt puttiyaa teiii Pathan nikal aandaa ehhh ! :kiss3:

Pakistan would never be the same place without our Pashtuns being an integral part of the family called Pakistan ! :tup:

Back
Top Bottom