What's new

31 killed as militants attack Pakistan army checkpost

Off topic but........

Sorry mate, PVC is awarded to martyrs...I'm still living and breathing..:fie:

Actually that's not entirely correct. No living person has gotten it yet, that doesn't mean that it can't be given, just like VC!....

....Gents I'm not sure if I have read you right, but the PVC can and often has been given to people who have survived battle. I can recall three names off the top of my head- Hoshiyar Singh Dahiya, Bana and Yogendra Yadav (although the authorities thought Yadav was dead when they announced the award).

As far as I know it is the Nishan-e-Haider that has always been awarded posthumously so far although I am not sure whether that is PA policy or not.

Off topic but........

....Gents I'm not sure if I have read you right, but the PVC can and often has been given to people who have survived battle. I can recall three names off the top of my head- Hoshiyar Singh Dahiya, Bana and Yogendra Yadav (although the authorities thought Yadav was dead when they announced the award).

As far as I know it is the Nishan-e-Haider that has always been awarded posthumously so far although I am not sure whether that is PA policy or not.

True..just a small mixup with Indian and Pakistani awards..:)

And ilyas kashmiri...your home grown SSG boy? Care to mention his ethnicity?...How about the mullahs of the rred mosque? Or those burka-clad urdu speaking women detaining chineese women islamabads markets? Thought not. Your 'facts' are just skewed to fit your prejudice.

I agree. Safriz is very racist to Pashtuns. There is an entire faction known as the Punjabi Taliban. Ethnicity should not be used as a tool to divide us. The tribal areas have been ignored for years. What does someone expect when draconian laws such as FCR apply in the place? People haven't been allowed to meld. It is this bias that alienates Pashtuns.

Ok Mr. Angry !

Who made Taliban ? Yr Army
Who force them to become TTP or Suicide Bomber or what ever **** it is ? Yr Army or Yr Policies

The Only Terrorist USA Came for here in Asia Was Al Qaida and not Taliban or Pukhtuns .. Understand ?

There were no Pushtun in Al Qaida .. Name me One ?

@Armstrong

Bro Urdu main lik deta hon coz meri english (n)

Agar 5 logon se poch lo keh kon kara raha hai yeh suicide blasts and kon mar raha hai police or political people ko..

Tu 5 main se 4 bande yahi Kaheinge ISI .. Yahan Peshawar main Security kis cheeez ki ho rahi hai ? Cor Camander keh ghar ki...Pir DSP SP ki ghar ki .. MNA s keh ghar ki. Ik jaga batao jahan Awam ki security ho rahi ho ?

Yahan ab jo b hota hai log aadhi ho chuke hain.. Koi marta hai kisi ko koi parwa he nahi hoti sirf unke jinka koi mar jata hai..

Baki logon ki life baki pakistaniyo ki tarah waise he chal rahi hai... BUT

Jo b ho raha hai Naam ISI ka he le rahe hain Sab.......... Jo b hota hai Govt ka haat zaroor hota hai us main...

Recently mechanay main aik Police station pe hamla hua tha aik DSP aur us keh satiyon ko qatal kar dia gaya tha...

40 se ziada log ayee the.. Yaar Khuda ka khauf karo.. 40 log aik jaga se ja rahe hon aur kisi ko pata na chale.. Mechanay peshawar se 10 to 15 Km b nai hai... HUm toora boora main tu nai reh rahe yaar

BC sab he apna kara karayaa hai... Bas

Don't go along with the rubbish he spews. Pakistan army is either 30% or 25% Pashtun today in proportion to 16% population. We are very much part of it. No need to entertain the hatred Safriz spews. Its time to clear Abottabad and Punjab of terrorists too-then we will find terrorists of different ethnicities and can blame them. I mean look at how silly all of this is.

Its very silly when someone blames tribals with 50%+ unemployment and literacy at 22%. Of course its going to become a breeding ground of terror when you ignore it for so long and taliban offer 20,000 rupees to a taliban militant to fight for them. For godsake stop thinking with the mask of ethnicity @Safriz. Your posts are offensive to people here. Almost 80% of all 1796 civilians killed in 2010 were Pashtuns and you can't feel even a little sorry for them. Sorry Safriz but this is very callous.

The attacks you launch on Pashtuns I have seen since childhood in my Karachi by the MQM wala terrorists. They abuse a patriotic guy from Pakhtunkhwa constantly saying Pakistan Zindabad as they insult his ethnicity, even my cousin did it even though we could have Pashtun blood ourselves. Stop it Safriz, only KS and Luffy are to gain from this.

I saw the bias with my own eyes. They used to abuse Pashtuns like anything here in Karachi. I got pissed one day and decided to say enough. There are a list of reasons but you are being part of the problem with your hate. I never saw @Pukhtoon criticize ISI and army like this before. You are destroying our unity!

Last edited by a moderator:
The-Salute.jpg

Taliban bombers wreak havoc at military camp | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

pakistan-militants_soldiers-martyred-reuters-670.jpg

Mullah Nazir from the Wazir tribe
US drone strike kills Pakistan Taliban commander | World news | guardian.co.uk
He is a Pushtoon

Jalaluddin Haqqani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Afghan but most supporters from Pakistani tribal areas....Again Tribal Pushtoon.

Ehsanualla Ehsan..Agian Pakistani tribal Pushtoon..

Sorry i cant turn a blind eye from these facts..

Apart from FATA, South Punjab is another breeding ground for extremists and terrorists.

Don't go along with the rubbish he spews. Pakistan army is either 30% or 25% Pashtun today in proportion to 16% population.

@KS provided a link that Pashtuns are about 14.5% of Pakistan Army.

Apart from FATA, South Punjab is another breeding ground for extremists and terrorists.

@KS provided a link that Pashtuns are about 14.5% of Pakistan Army.

I have confirmed that it is outdated information. The role of Pashtuns has grown since late 60's. Both Pashtuns and Punjabis are thought of as warrior races. As a result there is some "favoring" going on when it comes to the two ethnic groups. It is wrong and there is no proof of Baloch or Sindhis not making up good fighters.

Don't go along with the rubbish he spews. Pakistan army is either 30% or 25% Pashtun today in proportion to 16% population.

I have confirmed that it is outdated information. The role of Pashtuns has grown since late 60's. Both Pashtuns and Punjabis are thought of as warrior races. As a result there is some "favoring" going on when it comes to the two ethnic groups. It is wrong and there is no proof of Baloch or Sindhis not making up good fighters.

I dont know why you have insist telling lies/half-truths Havi. You are just a random guy on the internet (Same as me). We dont even know if you are a real person. So why not save us the "I have confirmed personally" and allow people the luxury of stated facts ?

According to official ISPR release, in 2007 Pathans comprised about 13.5% of the Pakistan Army and the target figure for 2011 was supposed to be 14.5%. There is no 25 or 30%

A Pakistan Army Officer and another Soldier has been killed in an IED attack in Orakzai:

ORAKZAI AGENCY: Two security personnel, including an officer, were killed while three others sustained injuries in an IED blast in Ghunda Mela village of upper Orakzai Agency, officials said.

The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) has confirmed that two soldiers “embraced martyrdom” while three others were injured in the blast during search of an old compound.

Tehsildar Orakzai Agency Nauman Khan has also confirmed that the security forces convoy was hit by a discarded improvised explosive device when they were searching an abandoned compound.

The deceased were later identified as Captain Hasnat Ali and Naib Subedar Arif Khan.

IED blast kills two, injures three soldiers in Orakzai: officials | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

You know there is an unexpressed, unspoken pressure on me not to make these kinds of posts but for a person who has an underwear stuck in his brain and is the worst troll on this forum... :rolleyes:

I dont know why you have insist telling lies/half-truths Havi. You are just a random guy on the internet (Same as me). We dont even know if you are a real person. So why not save us the "I have confirmed personally" and allow people the luxury of stated facts ?

I do not lie. Use your brain. You aren't the hero of a Tamil film dodging rockets from TNLA fighters backed by Veerappan. Use your brain before it rusts. Generally Pakistanis know more about Pakistan and Indians about India.

The army first thing, does not take these kinds of figures on the ethnic composition of its troops. This is the proof, Mr troll:

Significantly, Pashtuns make up 25% of the armed forces.

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/pdfid/4b6fe2d94.pdf
Page 12

The majority of figures state 25%. ISPR is better dead because it is only capable of making silly, incorrect statements.

According to official ISPR release, in 2007 Pathans comprised about 13.5% of the Pakistan Army and the target figure for 2011 was supposed to be 14.5%. There is no 25 or 30%

There are no official figures about the ethnic background of officers or men, yet according to Stephen Cohen of the Brookings Institution and Prof Hasan Askari Rizvi, Pashtun representation in the army is between 15-22 percent among officers and between 20-25 percent among men.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

These are the top analysts on Pakistan currently. ISPR does not know ****. Their job is not to collect statistics so when someone asks them they bullshit about figures that are either outdated or incorrect. As the above source claims ISPR is incapable of research of this kind and has or keeps no record of ethnic groups in the army. There are no OFFICIAL FIGURES as the above source claims so even they qouted from somewhere and their answer is incorrect.

There is no official figure even if they do qoute things. The dawn article was severely criticized and should be taken down for giving incorrect information because in 2007 that was NOT the ethnic makeup of the army. There was only a small period when Punjabis heavily outnumbered everyone by proportion. The real issue is with the make-up of Sindhis and Balochs.

Now for my final point. Punjabis (mostly sikhs) make up 15-20% of the army while Punjab comprises only 2.29% of the Indian. Furthermore while muslims comprise 3% of the army with their 13.5% population. In developed nations people simply do not care which ethnic group or religious group makes up what. So in Pakistan this does not matter to us-it only does in the fact that Pashtuns are better capable of handling the TTP since they are from the geographic locality. That is it!
@MastanKhan, @TaimiKhan, @Hyperion, @Pukhtoon and others can confirm that army has a higher proportion of Pashtuns and Punjabis than other groups as percentage. Now stop trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
By whom?

The ones who are killed deserve to be killed as they are terrorists...

Infact they wont be killed if they stop attacking PA and the rest of Pakistan...

Your sympathy has no legs...Just lame..

please be fair

Punjabi taliban or Lashker Jhangvi as they are normally known are the worse ones although they have spared the most Pakistanis and mostly targeted shias but they have some very big terrorist attacks and executions under their belt like the abduction and murder of Colonel Imam Colonel Imam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. in one of his forced "confessions" he said that he was being held captive by Lashker Jhanvi al Alami.

although this group is suspected to still have sympathizers in ISI and is openly advocated by PMLn goons on talk shows but it has also killed ISI operatives in foiled operations against its people in Punjab.

these so called Punjabi taliban who mainly consist of deobani/ whabi terrorist groups have shown that they are extremely viscous and barbaric as their pashton taliban brothers. they enjoy killing so much that during the Taliban rule they went in Afghanistan specially to execute Iranian captives and Hazara people in the towns that fell to taliban.

during the early days of invasion, the Northern Alliance Afghans complained that the Afghan taliban were willing to surrender but punjabi taliban would have none of that and will fight till death which was prolonging the fight.

in highly radicalized areas of Punjab these guys have goldy following and are held in very high esteem. the one conducting operations agaisnt Pakistani installations are mostly punjabi, clean shaven or well trimmed and groomed and looking like another punjabi to meld in the population and not cause any suspicion and easily infiltrate the outer most security cordons that only exist to bully or harass the poor.

look up at the pictures of the dead terrroists in Minhas base and GHQ attack and see that not all are pashtoons. specially the one below who was killed by accident by a falling flower pot at minhas base

there are more clearer pictures of this guy gazing into the abyss which you can look up yourself
minhas-air-base2a1.jpg

^^ Pakistan judiciary is releasing every terrorists from every god damn organization, real or fake organization.

Why no one criticize judiciary and its patron political parties? Even the media hide, news of release of terrorists!?

I see connection.. do you?

Back
Top Bottom