What's new

26 MPs cease to function for failure in submission of assets details

Patriots

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: As many as 26 parliamentarians will cease to function from Tuesday since they failed to submit with the Commission yearly detail of assets and liabilities of themselves and their families.

The Election Commission had been repeatedly reminding these two Senators, three MNAs, four MPAs from Punjab, nine from Sindh, seven from KPK and one from Balochistan but they did not turn up to submit the details till September 30, 2013.

The ECP has also written to Chairman of the Senate, Speaker National Assembly and Speakers of the Provincial Assemblies that the stated members will cease to function until they submit asset details.

The Commission gave them further time till October 21 although they must have been declared `cease to function' from October 16. But, they were facilitated for one more week due to Eid holidays.

The members who will cease to function include two Senators including Syed Faisal Raza Abidi and Syed Mustafa Kamal - both elected on general seats from Sindh and three MNAs Abdul Rehman Khan Kanju (NA-155 Lodhran-II), Shah Jahan Baloch (NA-248 Karachi-X) and Alizeh Iqbal Haider who was elected against seat reserved for women.

The MPAs from Punjab who will cease to function include Masood Shafqat (PP-189 Okara-V), Ali Abbas (PP-192 Okara-VIII), Waheed Asghar Dogar (PP-224 Sahiwal-V) and Abdul Majeed Khan Niazi (PP-262 Layyah-I).

From Sindh Assembly, nine members who have not submitted the details of assets and liabilities and will cease to function, include Abdul Rauf Khan Khosa (PS-18 Kashmore-II - Old Jacobabad- VI), Ghulam Rasool Khan Jatoi (PS-19 Naushero Feroze-I), Syed Faseeh Ahmed Shah (PS-26 Shaheed Benazir Abad-III - Old Nawabshah-III), Muhammad Ali Bhutto (PS-37 Larkana-III), Aziz Ahmed Jatoi (PS-41 Larkana-cum-Kambar Shahdadkot (II) Old Larkana-VII), Bashir Ahmed Halipoto (PS-55 Badin-cum-T.M.Khan(I) Old Badin-I), Jameel Ahmed Bhurgari (PS-67 Mirpurkhas-cum-Umerkot- Old Mirpur Khas-IV), Saniya (PS-109 Karachi-XXI) and Mukesh Kumar Chawla who has been elected against a seat reserved for Non-Muslims.

Seven members of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly who have not submitted the assets detail and will cease to function include Muhammad Arif (PK-22 Charsada-VI), Muhammad Khan Bahadur (PK-23 Mardan-I), Muhammad Zahid Khan Durrani (PK-24 Mardan-II), Iftikhar Ali Mashwani (PK-26 Mardan-IV), Ziaullah Khan Bangash (PK-38 Kohat- II), Shah Faisal Khan (PK-42 Hangu-I) and Sardar Zahoor Ahmed (PK-53 Mansehra-I).

The only member from Balochistan Assembly who will cease to function as MPA is Dr Shama Ishaq Baloch - a member elected on seat reserved for women.

Under the provisions of section 42A of the Representation of the People Act 1976 and section 25A of the Senate Election Act 1975, any member of the Parliament and Provincial Assembly who fails submit the assets details within stipulated time, cease to function as members of respective houses.

These members will not be legally eligible to take part in the proceedings of respective houses and especially cannot take part in legislation until they submit the details of their assets and liabilities and the Commission restores their membership.

However, there is no penalty in the law for such members who violate the provisions of the Representation of the People Act and the Senate Election Act.

26 MPs cease to function for failure in submission of assets details

whom of these belong to which party?

whom of these belong to which party?

Syed Faisal Raza Abidi - PPP
Syed Mustafa Kamal - MQM
Abdul Rehman Khan Kanju - IND
Shah Jahan Baloch - PPP
Alizeh Iqbal Haider - PPP

I don't know about MPAs

Whoever they belong to should submit, if the legislators are so careless about deadlines, no wonder 9:00 pm is 11:00 pm by Pakistani standard !

Back
Top Bottom