What's new

22 Dec: PTI to demonstrate against anti-awam policies of pmln !

BcLEsD4CMAAfHyy.jpg

Oh bhai...oh bhai the prices were bound to rise because the previous government had, as far as I know, artificially kept them low with endless subsidies - Why do you think we took out more loans in the past 5 years than the previous 60 combined ?

When the time to pay-off those loans came - Thats when the sh*t hits the ceiling !

Therefore its not PML N but every analyst worth their salt were saying - Remove the Subsidies because this on an unsustainable basis & you can't continue doing this without growing bankrupt !

Thats why when the subsidies were removed the prices shot upwards !

As far as printing more money is concerned, consider two things along with it :

(a) the Treasury was empty - Where else was the Government supposed to pay for the expenses ?

Naturally there would be a fall-out from that in terms of inflationary pressures & would cause a devaluation of the Rupee !

(b) the EU concessions that we received alongside increased power supply to the Industry in these few months might even turn this depreciation of the Rupee into something that we can benefit from i.e cheaper exports !

As for the Electricity Production - That would've made sense if the KPK Government(s) had built a single Dam in KPK by using their own finance !

Because the Dam has been built by the finances provided by or secured by (sovereign guarantee) the Federal Government the Dam is not KP's property but that of the Federation therefore the Federal Government is correct in selling the Electricity back to KP after the deduction of the initial capital costs spread over the Dam's life or the payback period (whichever is shorter) & the maintenance & transmission charges associated with it !

Think of it this way - Why should KP only benefit from the Rs.2 electricity when even Baluchistan contributed for the funding for those dams ?

And why should KP escape the expenditure associated with it when they're benefiting from it as well ?

Fair enough, that makes sense. Since I am not an economics or finance guy, didn't think of it with this angel. You've got some valid points there.

Oh bhai...oh bhai the prices were bound to rise because the previous government had, as far as I know, artificially kept them low with endless subsidies - Why do you think we took out more loans in the past 5 years than the previous 60 combined ?

When the time to pay-off those loans came - Thats when the sh*t hits the ceiling !
Therefore its not PML N but every analyst worth their salt were saying - Remove the Subsidies because this on an unsustainable basis & you can't continue doing this without growing bankrupt !

Thats why when the subsidies were removed the prices shot upwards !

As far as printing more money is concerned, consider two things along with it :

(a) the Treasury was empty - Where else was the Government supposed to pay for the expenses ?

Naturally there would be a fall-out from that in terms of inflationary pressures & would cause a devaluation of the Rupee !

(b) the EU concessions that we received alongside increased power supply to the Industry in these few months might even turn this depreciation of the Rupee into something that we can benefit from i.e cheaper exports !

As for the Electricity Production - That would've made sense if the KPK Government(s) had built a single Dam in KPK by using their own finance !
Because the Dam has been built by the finances provided by or secured by (sovereign guarantee) the Federal Government the Dam is not KP's property but that of the Federation therefore the Federal Government is correct in selling the Electricity back to KP after the deduction of the initial capital costs spread over the Dam's life or the payback period (whichever is shorter) & the maintenance & transmission charges associated with it !

Think of it this way - Why should KP only benefit from the Rs.2 electricity when even Baluchistan contributed for the funding for those dams ?

And why should KP escape the expenditure associated with it when they're benefiting from it as well ?
@Armstrong

Totally misleading .. prices did rise during PPP govt. had it been giving subsidies like musharraf era, we might have elected them again.. remember the prices rose to 8 rs per roti and it was I think, if you remember, pmln that wasted money by giving it for 2 rs.
secondly, there is no subsidy on petrol. it rose even when international prices fell, the only subsidy was on electricity, therefore, the whole phenomena is of bad governance. not inheritance of the previous govt. so we expected change of policies, there is none offered so far.

wrong information. we took loans more than what musharraf took. hence it rose from 40 billion to 68 billion.

again, vague and false that we made deals of 12 billion dollar, because we had to pay a interest on the loans?

everywhere in this world, 195 countries probably all of them give subsidies to their people on different daily commodities, if your management is poor, you cannot say you go bankrupt if you give subsidy. now second point if giving subsidy is bad management, then taking away is worst, since govt is unable to increase the revenue from its enterprises, which are causing 500 billion rs yearly, instead its on to sell them to capitalists, making govt of Pakistan fall into hands of those rich few like Malik Riaz and Mansha? simply shows the failure of this govt to change the policies... hence the burden on already burdened class, let alone the 3-5 million "identified" tax evaders.

again misleading, forex reserves were at 13 billion $ when ppp left. devaluing money again to attract exports is the excuse of bad management and lack of ability to change policies. every govt says since bhutto comes and says the same devaluing crap to justify bad management.

and lastly KP doesnot have enough resources to built its own DAM, so it has to rely on national grid for WAPDA being the owner of electricity produced.

We’ve always emphasized Pakistan’s importance in the region. We simply wish to see peace prevail throughout the region, especially Pakistan. We have shared interests in the region, and our nations are working together to counter the threat of terrorism. We are committed to restoring peace and stability in the region, and therefore, it is simply imperative for us to maintain a healthy working relationship. We’ve seen the negatives of not getting along in the past, and the need of the hour is to remain unified for the betterment of the region. Our leaders are meeting regularly to address our shared concerns. But it is extremely importance to not let any differences over shadow our common mission in the region. We certainly remain optimistic in regards to the future of our relationship and hope to work through any differences through regular communication and coordination.

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command

We’ve always emphasized Pakistan’s importance in the region. We simply wish to see peace prevail throughout the region, especially Pakistan. We have shared interests in the region, and our nations are working together to counter the threat of terrorism. We are committed to restoring peace and stability in the region, and therefore, it is simply imperative for us to maintain a healthy working relationship. We’ve seen the negatives of not getting along in the past, and the need of the hour is to remain unified for the betterment of the region. Our leaders are meeting regularly to address our shared concerns. But it is extremely importance to not let any differences over shadow our common mission in the region. We certainly remain optimistic in regards to the future of our relationship and hope to work through any differences through regular communication and coordination.

Ali Khan

you copy pasted your message in a domestic politics thread. be kind enough to apologize?

Yes :)

Was referring to successful and peaceful rally. It was meant to register the protest against inflation and to gather massive crowd to show govt that people are out against their policies. And I think the rally did give a strong message.

Amazing trolling. Petrol price is not specific to a city or province, if petrol prices will change then it will change for whole country, besides only federal govt can change petrol price. You have just took stupidity to a whole new level my friend..

Lol A IK follower giving stupidity lesson. Stupidity is something which exactly build in as core competency in IK Followers. The one who can't under scarism tell me how stupid I look like. The only stupid here is some one who don't understand something yet quote.

Told you not interested in discussion with a IK follower so stop forcing me into.

Lol A IK follower giving stupidity lesson. Stupidity is something which exactly build in as core competency in IK Followers. The one who can't under scarism tell me how stupid I look like. The only stupid here is some one who don't understand something yet quote.

Told you not interested in discussion with a IK follower so stop forcing me into.

If you aren't interested in discussion with an IK follower then stop posting in PTI related threads at first place, if you'll pass a comment, then get ready to receive a reply. And stop giving instructions to others..

About stupidity, the only stupid here is the one who's tying weird stuff..

Ali Khan
@ mods?
iss tarha key namunay kahan se dhoond kay latay ho aap log? :P

If you aren't interested in discussion with an IK follower then stop posting in PTI related threads at first place, if you'll pass a comment, then get ready to receive a reply. And stop giving instructions to others..

About stupidity, the only stupid here is the one who's tying weird stuff..
Lol by this definition all scholars/Analyst are actually stupid... no doubt pagal ko Sab pagal lagtay hain..

you are right I shouldnt comment for such genius people. Carry on..:D

Back
Top Bottom