What's new

$2 billion fifth generation Indian fighter program cleared

Reaction score
India has reportedly cleared a fifth generation Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA)to be developed by 2017 whose total cost is estimated at $2bn. :yahoo:

According to a news report in The Hindu newspaper, the Govt of India has released Rs. 100 crore($20 million) last month to the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), an Indian government controlled research body which has also developed the LCA Tejus fourth generation fighter.

"AMCA, when developed and produced, would probably be the first medium combat aircraft with 20 tonne weight in the world. Similar aircraft being developed by the United States and Russia are in the range of 30 to 35 tonnes," PS Subramanyam, ADA Director and Programme Director (Combat Aircraft), was quoted as saying in the news report.

The AMCA is to be a twin-engined 5th generation stealth multirole fighter, which will complement the HAL Tejas, the Sukhoi/HAL FGFA, the Sukhoi Su-30MKI, and other aircraft in the Indian Air Force. :victory::chilli:

i feel the timeframe provided 2017 is a bit too overambitious
if it is then i'm afraid it could be a fifth generation fighter just for namesake

^^^
Design itself takes long time.

I have a feeling that the design work has started long ago and suppose to complete in few years.

2017 is the target for first flight... IOC will take more years

^^^
Design itself takes long time.

I have a feeling that the design work has started long ago and suppose to complete in few years.

2017 is the target for first flight... IOC will take more years

The Work had started in 2006, the Wind Tunnel model was displayed in 2009.... Well Lets see More about that when the right time Comes... Atleast the ADA and HAL are kept Active by the Govt, weather they Succeed or Not that is secondary, the Prime thing is to Attempt and Gain Knowledge.... Thats it

where's the link???

Kaptan Shahab Aam kahao:smitten:... Pareo ko mat gino :devil::smokin::hitwall:....it has all the news... The link is here !!

Bapu ka photo lag ke stupid sawal mat pucho !... just use IT God (Google)

http://www.defenseworld.net/go/defensenews.jsp?id=5269&h=$2%20billion%20fifth%20generation%20Indian%20fighter%20program%20cleared:%20report

Last edited:
i feel the timeframe provided 2017 is a bit too overambitious
if it is then i'm afraid it could be a fifth generation fighter just for namesake

i also do feel the same....

Lot of new things are included here.... I think there is no link between Tejas and AMCA.....

even FBW is not going to be used as we are targeting Fly By Light.....

Everything from cockpit to Airframe is going to be changed.... dont know how they are feeling so optimistic

I guess it targets operational production only after 2025..long time to waite..that too may be a limited series and may move on to mk2 version.

If 100% India Made, even it comes after 2030 im happy

Well Guys ... Good luck waiting another 30 years.. only to face disappointment. :D
and I dont say that.. Your track record does :D

Well Guys ... Good luck waiting another 30 years.. only to face disappointment. :D
and I dont say that.. Your track record does :D

Thanks for the best wishes..

Girte hain sheh sawar hi, maiydane jung mein.

Woh Tifl kya giren jo ghutno ke bal chale..

Developing something and assembling something is very different. While 1st takes time to conceptualize the second only needs factories to be set up.. I hope you get my drift...

i also do feel the same....

Lot of new things are included here.... I think there is no link between Tejas and AMCA.....

even FBW is not going to be used as we are targeting Fly By Light.....

Everything from cockpit to Airframe is going to be changed.... dont know how they are feeling so optimistic

Its not always technical limitations that hampers a project ...
a sound plan of approach .. proper review a and assesment through out ..and contant analysis and coordination can make the job quite a lot simpler ...if not technical then the expirence and know of where we can go wrong from LCA can be carried forward .....
so that development never deviates very far from the expected path.....

:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom