What's new

1st Upgraded Indian Mirage 2000 Flies

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
MIRAGE+2000+1.JPG

The Indian Air Force's first upgraded Mirage 2000H fighter made its debut flight at the Istres-Le Tubé air base in France yesterday. The upgraded Mirage 2000 (effectively now the 'Dash-Five' standard), sporting a brand new avionics suite, self-protection suite, the Thales RDY-2 multimode radar and other systems, is the first of 49 aircraft (2 crashed last year in India in quick succession, forcing a fleet grounding of more than 50 days) that will be upgraded over the next seven years.

Livefist: 1st Upgraded Indian Mirage 2000 Flies

This is welcome news after numerous delay in MRCA

^^ The article doesn't mention so

However it is possible that the the upgraded Mirages feature upgraded MFDs.

Since France has closed the production lines of Mirage2000, why can't we buy out the tech and manufacture the jet here with our own upgradations? It will be very good as a potent second line medium class multi-role fighter and will help us maintain our numbers at much lower costs. This machine is very reliable also.

India paid 2.4 billion $ for upgrade 49 Mirage and 2.4 billion $ to buy 45 brand new Mig 29 K.

So the real question is how does the 49 Mirage face off against the 45 Mig. Anyone ?

India paid 2.4 billion $ for upgrade 49 Mirage and 2.4 billion $ to buy 45 brand new Mig 29 K.

So the real question is how does the 49 Mirage face off against the 45 Mig. Anyone ?

both planes are suppose to do different tasks , no point in comparison , 2.4 billion $ also includes contract for 400 MICA BVR missiles.

both planes are suppose to do different tasks , no point in comparison , 2.4 billion $ also includes contract for 400 MICA BVR missiles.

They can comparable aircraft's of the same generation ..... of course they can be compared.

BTW you are wrong about the MICA missile being part of the 2.4 billion $ deal. They will be delivered as part of a separate 1.23 billion $ deal with MBDA.

Total mirage deal with MICA is 3.63 Billion $. :angel:

PS: its 450 Mica

Whew! I thought we'd run out of jets soon.

But this delay is very costly and has put us on a backfoot in terms of offensive aerial capabilities.

I hope IAF now becomes serious about its modernization plans.

well Mirage's upgrade is costly and no doubt about it but we have only these as true multi role plane in our airforce so we can't compare these with air-superiority plane like Mig-29
pS: my mistake, i was quoting @Mritunjaya

Last edited by a moderator:
well Mirage's upgrade is costly and no doubt about it but we have only these as true multi role plane in our airforce so we can't compare these with air-superiority plane like Mig-29

Isn't MKI also a multirole plane as well?

Isn't MKI also a multirole plane as well?

both are multirole but mki's missions are 70% air superiority and 30% ground attack. for mirage 70% ground attack and 30 AS roles. mki is better in air superiority fighter roles, but mirages has excellent ground attack capability.

3.6 billion for a bomb truck ? how much ordinance does mirage carry ?

Back
Top Bottom