What's new

1971 Revisited - Point of View of Indian Gen Jacob (Bangladesh Today)

Foo_Fighter

Reaction score
Published on Jul 5, 2013

The Instrument of Surrender was a written agreement that enabled the surrender of the Pakistan Eastern Command in the Bangladesh Liberation War, and marked the end of the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 in the Eastern Theater. The surrender took place at the Ramna Race Course in Dacca on December 16, 1971. Lieutenant General Amir Khan Niazi of the Pakistan Armed Forces and the Lieutenant General Jagjit Singh Aurora, Joint Commander of Indian and Bangladesh Forces, signed the instrument amid thousands of cheering crowds at the race course. Air Commodore A. K. Khandker, Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Bangladesh Armed Forces, and Lieutenant General J F R Jacob of the Indian Eastern Command, acted as witnesses to the surrender.

This is purely from Indian General's point of view and may differ from Pakistan's version. However, I saw the video and was impressed by the details given by the Indian General.

Purpose of this thread Sir, I think these topics have been discussed to death, so whats new here?

@Ravi Nair @Aka123

How does this thread insults people based on ethnicity,nationality, religion and looks etc? I posted this video for the following reasons:

1. The details about "instrument of surrender" given by General Jacob is fairly new to lots of people
2. The video is from Bangladesh Today

regards

Back
Top Bottom